Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Where's My Christmas Spirit?

It happens to me every year.  I blame the early Christmas we have with my brother.  We had a great time.  Presents were exchanged, babies were snuggled, food was consumed, there was lots of Christmas spirit, and lots of love.  Then the weekend was over. 


Avery looks pretty hardcore, huh?

I also celebrated Christmas early with Greg (and Clyde) this past weekend since he's going to be gone on Christmas this year.  Clyde enjoyed his candy cane rawhides.



I am enjoying my new (unexpected) IPad from Greg!




It's a been fun and festive season.  Parties were attended, decorations are up, and I have like 5 containers of Christmas cookies sitting on my kitchen counter.  Please come over and eat some.


But, I'm kind of over Christmas already.  I feel like I already celebrated it, so the actual day of Christmas has lost its luster now. 

Last night I forced myself to bake a double batch of candy cane cookies for my work friends... while watching The Haunting of Sorority Row.  Not exactly a Christmas movie (it was pretty dumb, if you are wondering).



Today, I watched some of Christmas Vacation on my lunch break with some co-workers, who are still getting excited about this weekend.




But while I feel like others are still gearing up and getting excited for Christmas, I'm kind of slowing down.  I don't mean to be a Grinch about it.  I LOVE Christmas!  It's just that even though it's more important to me to celebrate with my family when they are able to, it's still hard to not do it on the actual day when most people do.  It just sucks a little of the fun out of it. 

My parents are coming to hang out with me this weekend, so that should be fun.  Hopefully I can keep the Christmas spirit alive just a little longer and be festive with them one more time. 




I say bring on New Years Eve.  I'm ready for the next holiday!




2 comments:

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

Well, here's to hoping that spending Christmas with your parents will get you back in the holiday spirit.

Darah (Mom) said...

I can't wait to come and celebrate an encore Christmas with you! We are going to watch Love Actually, eat potato pancakes, have some kind of Christmas cocktail & I got you another present!!!
You better have that Christmas music playing when we arrive tomorrow missy.
Love, Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails