Thursday, November 1, 2012

Clyde Is Three!

My baby, the one of the canine variety, is turning three today.  



I haven't been too emotional with pregnancy hormones, but if there's one thing that's gotten me teary a couple times since I got pregnant, it's thinking about how it's going to change Clyde's life.  (It probably doesn't help that I just read A Dog's Purpose... holy cry fest!)



I don't know if there's any way to explain how much he has meant to Greg and I since we got him.  He helped get us through some of the hardest times in our lives and marriage.  He was there for Greg when he was going through the lows of his furlough and there for both of us when we went through our miscarriages and TTC over the last couple years.  Sometimes he was the only thing to make me laugh or smile all day long, and his hugs and kisses were invaluable.  When our marriage was strained by all these events, Clyde brought us together.  We would take him for walks and he would get in between us to join us in a petting/snuggling fest.  I don't think he knows just how important to us he has been to our lives and our marriage.  I am so glad we took a leap of faith and decided to take him home that day.
 



In case it's not completely obvious, I LOVE that dog more than I ever could have imagined.  I've said it before- I wasn't even really a dog person before we got him, and now I'm borderline obsessed.  You can see it if you check my IPhone pictures, he is in like every other picture.  He truly changed my life for the better and I love every moment I can spent holding him, cuddling him, curled up next to him, and watching him.  He's such a good dog.  So sweet natured and great with people, including kids.  I feel like my heart is going to explode when I see our baby girl get to an age where she can interact with him.  That is going to be so cool to see.



Clyde- Happy Birthday!  We love you so so much!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails