Saturday, January 16, 2010

I finally got my butt back on the road again again went to my Thursday night running group for the first time in a while. I probably ran about 3 1/4 miles and walked about 3/4 of a mile of the 4 mile run. It was ROUGH after not running much in the last month or so. I found myself cursing the damn Christmas cookies at various points throughout the run! My body was like "hey, remember how we used to go home and sit on the couch with the WARM blanket? Isn't that more fun than this??" I did agree that being on the couch with the warm blanket sounded appealing, but pushed on. Gibson and Josie ran with me and wouldn't let me quit. I know I slowed them down and appreciate that they stayed with me and encourgaged me. Anyway, I completed the run, even if I was pathetic, and I'm glad to have broken the ice and gotten back to it. I just know it's going to be a while before I'm back to where I was in the fall running 4 miles no problem a couple times a week.
Week two of being a "supervisor" went better than week one. I feel like my initial panic has subsided and I'm getting used to things. I think I've done a pretty good job taking initiative and knocking out all the tasks that have come up and I hope my boss and the other supervisors are impressed. I don't know if doing this job will pay off or not, but I feel like any experience like this is worth having, even if it's uncomfortable.
Even so, I was happy to meet Sarah and Gibson for drinks at the Dean and Deluca Wine Bar after work last night to relax and toast the week being over. We found a nice bottle of Syrah and shared a goat cheese and sundried tomato on toast appetizer and talked for a couple hours. I'm hoping they both find people to fall in love with this year. Sarah has a date tonight and Gibson is actively looking for a girl. I do my best to give them advice that will help. After the wine bar we wandered over to Restoration Hardware and wandered around in there for a while. Greg and I love that store and have a lot of home furnishings from there from back when we had the money to buy fancy curtains, dining room tables, and light fixtures. My only purchase last night was two star ornaments from their after Christmas sale items totalling about $2. Oh how times have changed! haha!
We have a three-day weekend and I'm so looking forward to it. No big plans, but Greg and I are planning on doing a Costco/farmer's market trip before he goes into work today. I'll probably try and get together with some friends and hopefully I'll get motivated to clean the house some, as it's in need.
Happy three-day weekend to everyone!

2 comments:

Null said...

The inital run after a hiatus is the hardest one. It'll only get easier from here on out. You're lucky to be surrounded by so many good friends!

Kelly said...

Yay for running again! I hope I'm back out there with you on Thursday. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails