Thursday, January 7, 2010

This week has been a rough one for me. A while back when feeling stagnant in my work I decided it would be a good idea to apply to be a relief supervisor for my supervisor. I figured it couldn't hurt to learn more about what she does (in case I ever want the job) and add that to my resume. I ended up getting selected and spent most of the time since I've been selected never really being called upon to do much aside from a few things she delegated to me. Well, my supervisor decided to take somewhat of a sabbatical and is gone for the next two months, so guess who is acting supervisor- me! It's really my first time in any sort of management role and I'm working to acclimate. Our office has a lot of politics and drama and I'm handling everything as delicately as I can. The first night I called Greg on my way home and told him to get some margaritas ready! Hello stress! I hit the ground running from day one with meetings, emails, phone calls, and mail hitting me from every side. I think it's going to be a long two months!
Anyway, in Greg job news, he tested with TSA back at the end of December to be a screener. The test involved looking at x-rays of luggage for two hours and locating "evil" objects such as knives and guns. He passed and has a conditional offer upon completion of the rest of their process. I'm guessing it's the usual background, physical, or whatever they specifically require. He was initially thinking it wouldn't be long before he'd be through the process, but as a government slave myself, I'm guessing it is going to take at least a few months, maybe longer.
Greg also applied for a couple more airline jobs he found recently. We'll see if anything pans out there.
I talked to my friend Melanie last night while stuck in traffic on the commute home. We're still thinking about taking a trip together somewhere this year, but it's got to be on the cheap side for me to do it. Originally we wanted to do somewhere in Europe, but I'm thinking we may have to do the Carribean or somewhere closer to home to keep it cheaper. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any. I'd just like a stamp in my passport and to go somewhere I haven't been, which leaves, oh- pretty much the better part of the world minus Jamaica and Canada.
I've recently been reading a bunch of food blogs: My friend Kelly's and Kath Eats Real Food. I might start doing more with food in my blog. I know I put the occasional recipe, but I may add more. Reading their blogs also makes me feel like a slug because both of them are really good about working out. This time of year with the cold weather it's rough for me to get motivated to do it. I know when it's warmer I will no problem, but right now, I just want to hide under a warm blanket!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails