Monday, March 28, 2011

Impact On My Life

Hey guys!  I'm behind in the 30 Day Challenge, I know.  The 30 Day Challenge is...challenging!  Going away for the weekend definitely threw me off as I had so much going on, and so much other stuff to blog about.  Anyway, today is Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.


I know I've talked about this before, but I'm going to go with trying to conceive as my something that's made a huge impact on my life recently.


A couple months ago, I was deeply entrenched in marathon training and even though I knew trying to conceive was the next big thing I was going to do, I had no idea how it would change my life.  I basically went from having a mild interest in babies and pregnancy to it being like this huge thing I tapped into that I can't get enough information about.  Trying to take in all the information is like drinking from a fire hose.  There are so many aspects I'm interested in.
  • There's the actual TRYING part: getting the timing right, studying my cycle, figuring out what I should and shouldn't be doing to help things, testing for ovulation, etc...  (You can see from the collection of tests and stuff I have above!)
  • There's the two week wait part: in between ovulation and when I should get my period or find out if I'm pregnant, when I try to figure out if I have symptoms and might be pregnant or not.  Oooh, my boobs feel tender!  Hmmm, I think I'm kind of crampy...  Is that spotting?  Everything seems like it could be a symptom.
  • There's the actual pregnancy part: where I wonder what it will be like for me if/when I actually am pregnant.  Will I have tons of morning sickness?  Will I have cravings?  Will I be tired?  No symptoms at all? 
  • Then the actual baby stuff.  Will I have a boy or a girl?  What will I name the baby?  How will I decorate a nursery?  Is my car appropriate for a car seat?  What will he/she be like?

My mind just wanders so much around all the baby topics!  It's really been life changing, to suddenly go from barely having it on my radar at all a few months ago to it being the center of my thoughts most of the time.  I even bought a book the other day...


Yeah, it's safe to say this whole trying to conceive thing has had a huge impact on my life lately!

5 comments:

waz said...

i've loved hearing about your thoughts on trying to conceive. I'm currently in the same place and my husband is basically gone from monday-friday so trying to figure out this whole ovulation thing on top of trying to have us both around takes on a whole new challenge of its own! I hope the best for you and that you don't have to wait long!

Monique said...

crazy how quickly we seem to want things at different points in our lives :) I have ZERO interest in children or marriage anytime soon, but that might change before I know what happened haha.

Good luck!! :)

Carly said...

I can see how that could impact your life. ;-P Wishing you the best of luck!

Brittany @ A Healthy Slice of Life said...

I've heard that is a great book- I need to check it out.

We can get together sometime and talk babies if you want... I feel like it is consuming my life, too!

Katie H said...

Very fun! Looking forward to hearing your good news soon :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails