Monday, July 23, 2012

My Sunday Routine

For the last couple months, my Sunday routine has looked pretty similar, so I thought I would show you what my day looks like.  I wake up to my pup snuggled up against me.


We snuggle and play a bit as I reflect on the previous evening's activities, which in this night's case was my friend Jamie's 30th Birthday party at Dandelion Market that I went to Saturday night.  They have an option where you can order one of everything on the menu there, and that's what our table of 13 people did.  It was a truly ridiculous amount of food, but I got to try so many things!  Delicious!  Jamie's German chocolate cake wasn't bad either.  I'm not sure how I found room for some, but I did.


Anyway, after some snuggling and reflection on the night's activities, I click on the TV and watch Mad Men in bed for a while.


I never watched the series from the beginning and AMC usually shows random episodes from various seasons on Sunday mornings, but I've slowly put together the puzzle of what's going on and for some reason, I just kind of enjoy watching the show this way- at random.  I kind of can't decide whether I like the show or not, but I'm sort of into it anyway.

Eventually, I head downstairs and make some breakfast, which in today's case was a peach and a pomegranate TJ's yogurt, followed by a sinful cinnamon bun.  I've been wanting a cinnamon bun for about a week now (if you follow me on Twitter, I Tweeted about it) and had to give into the craving today.


I just used the Pillsbury pull apart ones, but they did the trick.  Delicious.


After Mad Men, I watched CBS Sunday Morning.  I feel like I've been watching that show since I could walk.  My parents always had it on Sundays growing up.


From there, my Sundays usually involve a trip to Target or the grocery store, but I got in some shopping Saturday, so I didn't feel the need to go.  Instead, I showered, did laundry, dishes, changed our sheets (I usually do it on Sundays), and cleaned out a drawer that was long over due.


I had an unpictured grilled cheese with some veggies for lunch.  Then later made some watermelon slushie with watermelon, OJ, and ice in the blender.




I read my book club book for a while- Unbroken.  The blogger book club kind of disbanded a couple months ago, and my friend Sarah invited me to hers, so this is this month's book.  I'm about 30% done, so I need to buckle down in the next week if I'm going to finish it!


Dinner was pasta with tomato, squash, sauce, and veggie meatballs, topped with a little shredded mozzarella.



Clyde and I went for a 1/2 hour long walk around the neighborhood after dinner, but hurried back, because last night was The Bachelorette Finale!


I have to admit I had no idea who Emily would pick or whether she was going to pick either one.  I didn't really care who she picked though, I liked both the guys.  I will say I kind of saw her with Arie more than Jef though.  To me, her and Jef look a little odd together.  I feel like their styles don't completely mesh or something.

While watching, I had a little ramekin with some Ben and Jerry's Peanut Brittle ice cream.  Mmmm :)


I stayed up way to late, watching the After the Final Rose interviews, and eventually went to bed, only to be woken by my husband getting home around 1:30am.

And that was pretty much my typical Sunday.  What does yours look like?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails