Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Fifteenth Week

Wow, I'm now sixteen weeks pregnant!  Four whole months pregnant.  Surreal...

Before another one of my nightly walks with Clyde.

My fifteenth week was interesting.  I actually had a pretty bad day of morning sickness one day this week, which was funny, because it kind of came out of nowhere, and it's probably the worst day of it I've had the whole pregnancy, which I would not have thought would have happened this far in.  Although, I have heard more stories lately of pregnant people getting morning sickness more in the second trimester lately, so I guess it's kind of random and depends on the person.

I visited another maternity store this week and ended up buying one casual shirt.  I'm still building my maternity wardrobe pretty slowly.  I'm not sure if there's much difference in the bump, but I wore maternity pants to work this week, and it was nice to not have to worry about them feeling too tight or to deal with a safety pin like I've been doing with some of my pants.  I've probably got a while before I'm in full time maternity clothes, but I am enjoying sprinkling them in, especially on days when the bump feels bigger and my regular clothes feel tighter.


This week we officially picked our daycare!  Out of the three we looked at, there was one we both felt was the best fit for us and our wants/needs.  It was the one that we felt the most comfortable with, and we know two families with kids that go or have gone there that spoke highly of it, so I feel confident in our decision.  I dropped off the registration form and deposit this week so we're officially on their waiting list now!  Pretty exciting!

At the end of my fifteenth week, I came down with a pretty bad cold, which I am still dealing with, and have been out sick from work for two days now, which is unusual for me.  I don't know if it's because I can't (and am not) taking cold meds, or if it really is just hitting me harder because I'm pregnant, but I feel like absolute crap.  My doctors approved medication list has a few things listed I can take, including lozenges.  I took maybe 3 lozenges spaced out in the first 24 hours, because my throat was absolutely KILLING me.  I also have had many cups of hot water with lemon, juice, and soup.  I've gone through at least one box of tissues myself.  Luckily the sore throat has subsided, and I'm mainly dealing with a lot of congestion alternating with runny nose, which makes me feel like I'm living in a fog.  I've been pretty useless the last two days, which is frustrating, when I have a ton of stuff at work and at home I could be getting done.  Naps and TV watching have been my major activities instead.  Oh, and Greg is home and has the cold too, so the two of us have shared in our sick misery.  I am mainly just worried about the baby and hope it's not affecting it.

As for cravings, well, the past few days have had me craving soup, and grapefruit juice, which I guess isn't a huge surprise since I'm sick.  For some reason, orange juice hasn't sounded that good to me most of the pregnancy, but in the past week, I've probably had an entire bottle of grapefruit juice myself.



I still got in my usual cheeseburger over the weekend, and I'm still craving a lot of fruit, including kiwi, apples, nectarines, and pears this week. I also got some mango sorbet and that stuff is the bomb.  Oh, AND I got my first pumpkin spice latte (decaf) of the year on Sunday, and it was delicious.  I haven't had much coffee since I've been pregnant, but probably have about one or two decafs a week, so this was a treat.



One new-ish symptom I have is a little bit of heartburn at night depending on what I eat and whether I'm lying flat or not at night.  I definitely noticed it after eating pizza the other night and my husband will attest to the burp-like sounds coming from my chest at night.  Nice.

Lastly, I have to admit, I have been struggling a bunch with my confidence in the pregnancy again this week.  Two people I know announced pregnancies on Facebook that are each about a month behind me.  Even though I'm "out" on the blog and most of my close friends and family know I'm pregnant, there are a lot of people who still don't know, and I started really struggling with the fact that I haven't said anything on Facebook.  I know it's kind of dumb, but I really do want to be able to share the joyful part of this with everyone I know, but only if I'm really confident that everything is going to be okay, and there is still a part of me that is pretty afraid.  Getting the cold this week didn't help, I've been very worried about it affecting the baby.  I have my first appointment in four weeks tomorrow, and I seriously can't wait to hear the heartbeat again because I SO NEED confirmation right now.  Assuming everything is okay, I think I'm going to go ahead and "come out" on Facebook about the pregnancy in the next few days.  I just know that a lot of people who don't know yet would want to know and share in the joy.

I also look forward to tomorrow's appointment because I should be scheduling our anatomy scan, where we'll find out what we're having!  I'm hoping that we'll be able to schedule it for about two weeks from now! Can not wait for that!!




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails