Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Sixteenth Week

I'm seventeen weeks now!



So, my sixteenth week was pretty rough because of my crappy cold.  The coughing/phlegm stage lingered for days after the rest of my symptoms had subsided and it mostly just made my uncomfortable.  Being sick when you're pregnant sucks.

I had my 16 week appointment at the OB this week and they did a blood test for spina bifida and then used the Doppler on my tummy to listen for the heartbeat.  I again will say what I said last time we did the Doppler- I have no desire to get one of my own Doppler machines and try to find the heartbeat myself.  Even at the doctor's office it makes me nervous when they are moving the wand around looking for it (even though the doctor found it pretty quick).  I would be a ball of stress if I was trying by myself at home and couldn't find it.



Anyway, hearing the heartbeat renewed my sense of security for sure and I immediately went home and announced the pregnancy on Facebook, so that is now out of the way and I can stop worrying about it (and whining to you guys about it).  I received tons and tons of well wishes too, which was fun.

I also bought the baby some cute onesies at Old Navy because of my excitement after the appointment.



Saturday, I went to Erin's baby shower, and literally everyone there was either pregnant or a new mom.  I was glad to actually be pregnant and not still in limbo like I had been so many other times when attending showers or it would have been sad and uncomfortable.  Much talk of babies and pregnancy ensued.



Also, Jen made these awesome chocolate cupcakes for the shower, which seemed to trigger some massive chocolate cravings in me.  The next day I made chocolate cookies, and the day after that I got a chocolate milkshake.


Other cravings this week included Outback sirloin, so one night I got take out dinner from Outback that included a sirloin, shrimp, baked potato, salad, and bread.  So good.  I'm still eating a lot of fruit too- apples, pears, strawberries, nectarines, and grapes this week.  This may have been my first week without a cheeseburger, but I guess the steak is close!  I heard recently that it's actually a good thing for pregnant women to eat red meat.  There's a certain enzyme in the red meat protein that isn't found in other sources, so I'm going with it.  I also heard I should be eating kale though, and I don't think I've had any since I got pregnant, so I guess I should get some.

I seemed to get the "nesting" feeling this weekend, since I did a lot of closet cleaning and went through the plastic tubs I showed you of extra clothes in the baby's room.  I got rid of two garbage bags of stuff, and also moved around stuff in my closet so that the stuff I can't fit into is moved to remote parts of the closet.  Progress!

I don't think I've felt the baby move yet, and I'm hoping that any day now that'll happen, now that I'm kind of in the most common window for when you first feel it.



I'm up about 3-4 pounds weight-wise.  I think I kind of popped a little more this week, although, I still think the belly is hidden depending on what I'm wearing.  I find myself getting frustrated a lot when I'm trying to get dressed though, because I'm kind of in that awkward don't-really-fit-into-regular-clothes stage and not-totally-in-maternity-clothes either.  I'm sure I look frumpy at work some days.

Happy 17 weeks baby!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great! I definitely noticed the beginnings of a bump at the shower. You'll get there soon enough!

Related Posts with Thumbnails