Monday, October 26, 2009

fall is here

The weekend was pretty good. Saturday morning was one of those lazy hard-rain mornings. I love those. I was cozy in pajamas with a cup of tea catching up on TIVO. I'm really into this show Flash Forward. I think it's my new Lost. Which is good, since the last season of Lost is starting this winter.
Saturday night we went to Jim and Nicks, this awesome BBQ place with our friends Brent and Becky. I had BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, salad, and a Carolina Blonde beer. YUM! They brought friends with them, and we were all going to go out somewhere after, but the restaurant isn't near anything and they really wanted to go to a bar with an activity of some sort, either pool, darts, or karaoke. They thought they found one, but then we all went on a GPS wild goose chase trying to find it, and finally gave up and we went home.
Greg was originally scheduled to work yesterday but then ended up being off. I decided I wanted to have a day with him to enjoy fall things. I made pumpkin pancakes for breakfast with pumpkin spice coffee. Then we packed lunch and drove to Crowders Mountain for a hike. It was pretty cool. On the way we stopped and bought pumpkins. We will probably carve them tonight or some night this week. We're trying to get ideas. I think Greg is going to do a punk pumpkin this year. He's very good at carving pumpkins. Last year he did a big pumpkin eating a little pumpkin, and it was very cool. Mine are usually the standard face. I'm not that creative!
Back to the grind...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails