Friday, October 23, 2009

I went to running group last night. It was tough to do 4 miles after not running much for the last 2-3 weeks, but I did it, and I was pretty proud of myself. I was definitely bringing up the tail end of the group this week though. I'd better get back on schedule and run more in between Thursday nights if I want to feel at all competant. The after-run was fun last night. I had some Powerade and a really tall Woodchuck Hard Cider, which I was feeling by the end. Some of us went next door to a bar to hang out for a bit because the UNC/FSU game was on. I ordered cheese fries and water so they could absorb some of the cider. I think I may have canceled out the benefits of the run by doing so, but it was necessary.
Greg has had two days of work at the hotel now. He seems to like it so far. The staff is friendly and he feels like the job is relatively easy. He got a bunch of tips yesterday. They are having him work this weekend during the day on Saturday and Sunday. We're not sure what his long-term schedule will be and I want him to find out if he's working during the holidays or not so we can start planning.
We really need to get out to Chicago and see his fam.
So far the only thing on the agenda for the weekend is to go to dinner with some friends at Jim and Nicks (awesome BBQ) Saturday night. Not sure if we're doing anything else. I'll be on my own during the days I suppose.
I'm wondering what our plan for Halloween is too. A bunch of my friends have brought up doing something, but no one has a concrete plan. If I'm going out to a party and have to dress up I want to know soon so I can start thinking of ideas for a costume. It's been a loooooooooong time since I've dressed up for Halloween and I have NO idea what to dress up as. I also want to get pumpkins and carve them this week. If we are going to decorate at all, we best get to it ASAP...
I've become addicted to reading blogs (mainly pilot wives ones) and my aviation forums. Kind of ironic considering this is the furthest Greg has been from aviation in a while.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails