Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sick Day

Monday I took a sick day.  I woke up right before my alarm went off and my throat still felt scratchy.  Not to mention I was achy, which may have been from the cold or the 19 mile run, or a combination of both.  In any case, I have like 500 hours of sick leave, and I wasn't feeling that great, so it seemed like a logical day to stay home and try to recoup.

The cold did not kill my appetite.  I decided to make a pot of steel cut oats and added pumpkin, pumpkin spice, maple syrup, and maple almond butter.


 While the oats cooked, I made myself some green tea.
  Hello, antioxidants.  Do your thing.


My warm bowl of oats!


Soon the boys were up and I got a kick out of Clyde staring at me from Greg's shoulder.


Tooooooooooooo cute!


It's love.


I did my fair share of relaxing and nursing cups of tea, and ate a big plate of leftover Chinese at lunchtime. Later in the day, I decided I ought to get a little more productive.  I made a shopping list, cleaned, and decided to try making this Rosemary Olive Oil Focaccia Bread that I'd seen on Diana's blog the other day.  I am notorious for buying packets of yeast and letting them sit in the pantry well past expiration without using them.  This was the night!


My ball of dough (by the way, do any of you people that use Blogger have issues with it flipping your pictures?).


The dough all sprinkled with rosemary, olive oil, Parmesan, and a little salt, ready for the oven.


Voila.


Greg and I enjoyed some before heading off to Lowes and Harris Teeter to buy exciting things such as caulk.  I love joking about caulk.  "Wow, there's a lot of caulk in this aisle."  "Greg, do you like caulk?"  "Do you think this caulk will be hard enough for us?"

Um, that was tasteless, sorry!  Anyway, I'm glad I took Monday to recoup.  I felt infinitely better by the end of the day.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the "caulking". My boyfriend worked from GE for a few years and one year he decided to give out caulk to everyone for Christmas. Just imagine how that went over...

Glad you're feeling better!

Heather (Where's the Beach) said...

Glad you're feeling better. That Focaccia looks great - and love the puppy pics. too cute.

Pure2raw Twins said...

Glad you took the day off to rest! And that you are starting to feel better :)

~Lori

Anonymous said...

Haha, too funny! Caulk jokes are great. :-) I can never seem to get the handle of cooking steel cut oats. Crock pot, yes. Microwave, NO! I may have to try it on the stove top next time.

Hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better! I have a cold too :( Those pictures of Clyde are SO cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails