Friday, April 22, 2011

Dinner and Breakfast Out

It's been a busy week over here at Casa de Holding Pattern!  After arriving back in Charlotte on Sunday night, I dove right into a visit from my in-laws and a busy work week.  This might be the first moment alone I've had all week!

We did do some fun things with Greg's parents while they were here though.  Might as well go right into what we ate!

Tuesday night they all met me in uptown Charlotte when I got out of work, and we headed to RiRa, my favorite Irish bar for dinner.
RiRa has a great second floor outdoor area where you can eat and enjoy the city, so we sat there and my mother-in-law marveled at the warm temperatures of Charlotte. 


Apparently it was 36 degrees in Chicago the on Tuesday morning, and it was in the low 80's in Charlotte on Tuesday.  UPGRADE!

I ordered the special on tap, a Smithwicks, and promptly gulped a bunch down before taking a picture.


For my meal I ordered a salad with mixed greens, goat cheese, grapes, apples, and walnuts.  Not my usual choice for Irish bar fare, but I was really in the mood for something light.  It hit the spot.



I had a cup of potato leek soup too.


It really was a gorgeous night to dine outside with people you love.



I took the day off Wednesday to spend more time with everyone, since I'd missed out on a lot of the fun Tuesday, while slaving away at the office.  My in-laws requested a return visit to Terrace Cafe, where we'd gone with them on their last visit.  Twist my arm...

I decided to go for something savory this time, so I ordered an omelet with onions, peppers, and pepper jack cheeese, and hashbrowns.  It also came with toast and a small salad.  Totally delicious.  One of the standouts was the jam in the closer ramekin.  I believe it was homemade strawberry jam and it was so good!  Makes me want to attempt making homemade jam sometime.


I think Greg and his mom actually ordered the same things they had last time we came.


Blueberry waffle with a side of hashbrowns...  My man likes his carbs, what can I say...



My mother-in-law got the breakfast casserole.

My father-in-law had an egg and two pancakes, which went un photographed.  Pretty much everything on the table was devoured.  Terrace is definitely among my favorite breakfast places in Charlotte.  I still need to go there for lunch or dinner sometime though!

Next up, our tour of the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens.

2 comments:

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) said...

That salad from RiRa sounds amazing! I miss visiting all the Charlotte restaurants. We're limited in choices here in Nascar Country

Carly said...

Gosh this makes me want to go out to eat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails