Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blueberry Banana Bread

Sunday morning was my one morning with Greg before he had to go back to work.  I work up before him, as usual (I'm an early riser even on my days off, it's a curse, I know...), and went down to the kitchen to figure out breakfast.  I decided my overripe bananas were getting used, and I might as well put a twist on them. 

I give you, Blueberry Banana Bread



1 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup whole wheat flour


1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup unsweeted apple sauce

1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar

1/4 cup agave syrup

1 eggs

1 flax egg

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 medium ripe bananas, mashed

1 cup fresh blueberries

Directions


1.In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
In a seperate large mixing bowl, blend the applesauce and butter with the sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Beat in bananas. Gradually add the dry ingredients, beating just until combined. Fold in blueberries.



2.Pour into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans, or I used a Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.




Mmmm, warm from the oven.



One more time...



Greg loves blueberries and promptly devoured these two slices when he woke up.  At least we got in breakfast together on his 20 hours at home!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Blueberry + banana is my all time favorite combo for muffins and breads. I just wish Jeff liked bananas. Boo!

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) said...

Who doesn't love warm bread from the oven?! Delish!

Erin @ The Grass Skirt said...

This looks sodalicious. ;) I actually have everything that I need at home to make it! I'm not sure that I've had blueberries in banana bread before. Such a great combo!

K said...

This looks awesome- thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

Yum, blueberries would be a fantastic addition to banana bread. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your bread up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails