Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Case of The Mondays


Office Space is probably my favorite movie of all time.  Totally classic! 

Yesterday, I really did have a case of the Mondays.  I blame it on my three day weekend with the hubby and in-laws.  I loved having a three day weekend and hated going back to work.  I was tired and cranky all day and work was less than pleasant.  I also kind of had a migraine and just didn't feel that good.

All I wanted to do when I got home was snuggle Clyde, watch TV, and eat.  Luckily, I got my long run in Sunday night so I didn't feel compelled to do a big workout, which was good, because I didn't have the energy or desire to at all.

I actually made a simple dinner.  I had kale left from last week's failed attempted kale chips, so I wanted to try another dish using it. 

I went with this basic recipe to make Sesame Kale:

 kale (I used about 3-4 big leaves chopped up) 
                                                        1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
                                                        1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (I used black)
 
Mix everything but the kale together. 
Steam the kale for about 2 minutes then tossed it in the mixture.
 

Pretty yummy.

This was a smallish serving, so a little while later, I followed the kale with a hefty portion of banana soft serve, topped with a chopped up adora disc, coconut, and some granola.



My "dessert" was totally the bigger part of that meal, but hey, it was healthy, so no big deal.
And it almost made up for my crappy Monday.  Almost.


3 comments:

Kristina @ spabettie said...

we LOVE Office Space at our house... always a crack up. (we quote it often...)

Hope things are looking up! You will be receiving a package tomorrow that should make you smile :)

Brittney said...

@spabettie Yay! I can't wait to get my package. Yours was mailed later, but should arrive to you by Saturday at the latest!! I love that we did this- so fun!!

Anonymous said...

i want that dessert right... NOW

Related Posts with Thumbnails