Monday, August 20, 2012

Sarah's Bridal Shower

Next month, my good friend Sarah is getting married.  Sarah and I have known each other a little over three years.  We met in my running group, which is where I've met most of my close Charlotte friends.  I was there when she met her fiance, Tim.  I was part of the group of friends that sort of "plotted" to set them up during several group outings.  It was funny :)  I'm going to be a bridesmaid in the wedding (this is my 4th time).  This weekend I helped in hosting a bridal shower luncheon for Sarah at Pewter Rose Bistro.  Sarah's aunt kind of took the lead and wanted to bring in some table decor, including a runner and beautiful flower arrangements.




The guests started to arrive and we enjoyed drinks and a nice hummus platter.




Our menu was set with four options: quiche and salad, breakfast (scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage), chicken salad, or turkey.


I went with the quiche and salad, which also came with potatoes.  It was pretty good, but I've discovered that I sort of have an aversion to peppers during pregnancy.  I thought it was only green peppers, but the red  peppers in the quiche didn't really taste good to me.


After our meal, Sarah opened presents.  I gave her some stainless steel pans off her registry.


One last photo of Kelly, Sarah, me, and Josie.


I'm excited to be part of Sarah's wedding next month.  Sarah is also pregnant and due about 6 weeks before me in January, so we have raising kids close in age together to look forward to as well.  We're just hoping our dresses for the wedding will fit since we both bought them before we got pregnant!  I'll keep you posted on that :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails