Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Thirteenth Week

Here we are at 14 weeks!



This is universally the beginning of the second trimester, so I guess I'm officially in it!  Can you tell I still kind of can't wrap my head around it?  Actually, that's something that could be an entire post in itself: my continuing disbelief that things are really okay and that I'm actually having a healthy pregnancy.  I still haven't announced it on Facebook (I'm not sure I'm going to) or anything, and although I'm not really hiding the news, there are a lot of people that still don't know, because I haven't shouted it from the rooftops or anything.  I guess that's a normal way to feel for someone who has had two miscarriages.  I'm still kind of scared and cautious about the whole thing.  Not to mention, I feel kind of weird about posting a ton of stuff on Facebook about it, knowing how much that used to drive me nuts when we were struggling- to be bombarded with constant updates, ultrasound photos, and belly pics of others I knew that were expecting.  I just don't know if I want to be THAT girl.



Still, on the flip side, I'm doing more thinking, planning, and preparing than I ever have before during pregnancy.  My thirteenth week kicked off with a trip to the For Every Season Consignment Sale with Erin and Lindsay.  This is a big baby consignment sale held a couple times a year in my area.  The girls had been before and knew what to expect, but I will admit I was a bit overwhelmed.  I am just starting to research baby stuff and don't really know what I need or want yet, or how I want to decorate the nursery, so I think it was a bit premature for me to be at this kind of sale because I didn't really have specific things in mind to look for yet.  Also, we are planning on finding out the sex of our baby, and since I don't know what I'm having yet, I found the selection of gender neutral stuff to be pretty limiting (it was mixed in with the girl and boy specific clothes).  I only ended up buying one neutral onesie, while Erin and Lindsay cleaned house on the baby boy and girl clothing.  In addition to the onesie, I ended up with a maternity dress and a bouncer chair.  Many friends have told me that a swing or bouncer is a great thing to get on consignment because you don't know til you have the baby whether it will even like the bouncer, the swing, or anything at all.  I paid $20 for my bouncer and it looks practically new :)



The belly is still kind of fluctuating between showing a little and not.  Depending on the day or time of day, I can fit into certain bottoms and other times I can't.  My friend Melanie sent me some maternity stuff from Kohls, which was so thoughtful.  I kept most of it (some bras and tank tops), but one pair of yoga pants were very similar to some others I have (that will still work with pregnancy) and they were too big, so I decided to exchange them and got my first pair of maternity jeans (Oh Baby by Motherhood).  I LOVE them!  I wore them for a while on Sunday and they are so comfortable.  I also went by the mall and checked out the maternity section at The Gap and ended up with one peach colored collared shirt for work.

Maternity jeans!

As for how I'm feeling, I'm good.  I feel like for a while my "morning" sickness what kind of random and would show up at any random time of the day.  Recently it really has become strictly morning sickness and I feel some nausea most mornings, but it's usually gone by lunchtime and doesn't reappear.

I have had a huge craving for pancakes, like the really fluffy restaurant kind, so Sunday I convinced a couple friends to meet me at the Original Pancake House to satisfy this craving.  Mmmm, they were so delicious :)

PANCAKES!  Plus eggs, bacon, and OJ.

Other, than pancakes, I've been the usual stuff- fruit, potatoes, carbs, cheeseburgers, ice cream....

That about sums up week thirteen!  I know I need to work on posting about other stuff during the week, but it just feels like time is kind of flying by.

Oh, also, I'm starting to collect lists of baby essentials, so if you've done one on your blog, can you link it in the comments?  If you're not a blogger, but you want to tell me stuff you liked/didn't like, you can email me a list at lifeinaholdingpattern (at) gmail.com.  I am a sponge for this information right now, so I'd love your opinion!  Thanks guys!






1 comments:

Dorsa said...

Hey I just found your blog, and I wanted to say I'm almost 18 weeks pregnant! I am excited to follow your journey, you can follow mine at myrunningthoughts.com :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails