Monday, July 2, 2012

The Fig Tree

Last week Greg was home all.week.long.  That rarely happens!  I had to work, but in the evenings we tried to spend some quality time together.  One night, we decided to have dinner at The Fig Tree.  We've been interested in trying it for a long time, and Greg got me a gift card for my birthday.

The restaurant is in a converted house on 7th Street in Charlotte.


It was a gorgeous evening in Charlotte (right before the insane heat wave hit), so we opted to sit outside on the porch.

I'm not the only one that has trouble keeping eyes open in pictures.


We started with some warm bread which came with both rosemary infused olive oil and roasted garlic spread.


We also ordered an appetizer, a mushroom tarte.



The tarte was followed by a simple but delicious mixed green salad.



The main event for me was the halibut topped with lobster sauce and asparagus.


Oh.my.gosh.  This is the most decadent thing I have had in a while.  What a delicious piece of fish!

Greg got the penne pasta with mushrooms, veggies, and gorganzola.  His was also really good.


It was a wonderful night.  We both really enjoyed the restaurant.  The service was impeccable, the food was outstanding, and the atmosphere is elegant but not stuffy.  We'll definitely be back :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails