Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lemon Artichoke Hummus

Last weekend I went to my friend Katie's birthday party.



About an hour before, I realized she'd asked us to bring food.  I was seriously contemplating just picking something up, but then remembered that I know how to make a pretty decent hummus myself, and thought she'd appreciate the effort.  I was able to whip up a really tasty batch of the stuff in no time, and it was apparent, based on the near empty bowl that everyone loved it.



Lemon Artichoke Hummus



1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans with about 1/4 cup of the liquid from the can
1/3 cup tahini
1/3 cup lemon juice
The zest of one lemon
1/3 cup artichoke hearts (marinated in oil)
1/3 cup EVOO (lemon infused if you have it and want it really lemony!)
Salt and pepper to taste.

Blend all ingredients in a blender or large food processor, until smooth, and enjoy!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails