Monday, December 12, 2011

It's Christmas Time

Hey all!  Long time no write!  I know I say this all the time, but it's been insanely busy, as I began to prep for and start celebrating Christmas!  It's such a busy time of year.

Greg and I finally started working on our decorating, putting up the tree, shopping, wrapping presents, and cookie baking.










I feel like this stuff kind of takes over this time of year, and a few free hours on a week night (to blog) become non-existent! 

We also did Christmas pictures of Clyde.  I had seen a picture of a dachshund with Christmas lights around it and decided to try and recreate it.





We have a winner :)  Christmas cards ordered!


My side of the family devised a plan a couple years ago to get together sometime in between Thanksgiving and Christmas, since it's difficult for my brother to travel on actual holidays.  It works pretty well.  Usually everyone comes to my house in Charlotte, but this year we mixed things up and decided to get together in Hilton Head.  This created a slight glitch in that Greg's December schedule came out after this plan was devised, and unfortunely he wasn't able to make it, since Hilton Head is a 3 1/2 hour drive from Charlotte and commuting got in the way. Saturday, he headed back to Houston and I headed down to see the fam. 

Christmas with my family was special this year, because this was my first time meeting my new niece Avery, who is now 3 months old!



Yeaaaaaaah... I'm in love.... *sigh*.

She's a little angel, and I've really enjoyed getting to know her the last few days.  It's really been a joyful experience and it's been great for my jealousy issues with it all.  I'm so glad!







Aside from fawning over my niece, we've been having lots of great family meals together.  One night we had this awesome appetizer, which is a mixture of marscapone and ricotta cheeses, with roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella and drizzed with olive oil and basil.



You spread it on toasted baguette.  It's tremendous...

We've also had seared scallops, shrimp, roasted turkey, and all kinds of good stuff.



Well, just wanted to check in!  I'm headed out to have a little more fun with everyone!  Hope your holidays are getting underway and you are having as much fun as I am!



5 comments:

Sana said...

Hi :) I am glad you are doing well! Clyde looks so handsome, you are one awesome fur-mom!

Brittany said...

Love the swirl cookies! I'm going to try to bake some like that too. And your niece is adorable. What a pretty girl. I can't wait to see you Thursday!

Liz @ runbakerace said...

Your picture of Clyde totally brought a smile to my face...holiday cuteness :). Your niece is beautiful and it looks like you all had a wonderful holiday family weekend.

RunningOnCoffee said...

I love your Christmas card picture :) The appetizer you pictured sounds delicious!!

Erin @ The Grass Skirt said...

Your niece is absolutely adorable! I love those cheeks. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails