Thursday, November 29, 2012

My Twenty-Sixth Week

Hey all!  I'm now 27 weeks pregnant!  My many accounts, this means I am starting the third trimester, or about to!  Wow!  Tuesday was three months from my due date!



I am posting a little late this week because things have been crazy busy.  My family is coming to my house to celebrate Christmas early, so we've been prepping all week for their arrival.  As you can see- my Christmas tree is up and waiting for decorations.

Things are going pretty good, but I will say that I'm experiencing more noticeable discomfort from being pregnant a lot of the time.  It's harder to get up (where are my abs?), flip over in bed, and move in general.  I'm probably going to be waddling pretty soon!  I also did the long(ish) car trip to my parents, which is about 3 1/2 hours, and I noticed it bothered me more than usual to be sitting in that position for a long time.  I did take breaks, but even still, things are just a lot less comfortable now.

Heartburn is still happening sporadically.  A newer thing I have gotten a few times lately is indigestion in general.  I'll eat a pretty normal meal and then it'll really bother my stomach.  I won't go into a ton of detail (TMI), but I can tell things are sometimes different digestively.  I'm hoping it's a passing thing and won't have that for the next three months.  I'm going to ask my doc about it when I go in later this week.

I think I'm carrying kind of high, and like I've mentioned in previous updates, my belly tends to get into my lung area, so I notice that it's harder to breath sometimes.  I have a really short torso, so expanding upward much more is not really an option.  I'm guessing she's going to have to start poking straight out to get more room.  This should be interesting.



Movement is better.  I still don't really feel what I think of as kicking that much, but I can feel movement almost all the time now if I just sit still and put my hand on my belly and sometimes I can even see it from the outside.  It's like something is slithering around beneath the surface of my skin.  Very strange!  I also think the baby had hiccups this week.  I was sitting at my desk one day and my stomach was jumping every couple seconds. I asked a friend that had a baby with hiccups what it feels like and she said that was it.

I'm pretty tired lately.  I'm regularly going to bed by 9:30-10pm, even on weekends and nights when I could be up later.  Sometimes I fall asleep even earlier when I'm sitting watching TV.  The good news is that I'm usually up early, even on weekends, and mornings are usually pretty productive for me.  That's usually when I get the most motivated to do my "nesting" projects, like cleaning or baking.  After like 4-5pm, forget it.  It's a struggle and I'm really just pushing myself to get stuff done.

I think I'm up another pound or two this week, so I'm hovering around 18ish pounds gained.  This was the first week I tried on some non-maternity shirts I've been wearing for a while and found that they didn't really fit.  A lot of people comment on how huge I am now, but the other night someone said I looked small, so I'm not really sure which it is. I still can't believe the baby is likely to be about 5-6 lbs bigger than it is now if it goes full term.



In other news, Greg put assembled the stroller, which really just involved putting the wheels and tray on.  We practiced putting the car seat in it for a while, and it was actually kinda funny watching each other struggle.  After a few practice attempts we both got the hang of it. I proceeded to put Clyde in the basket and wheel him around the kitchen.  I'm sure he was totally confused about what the heck we were doing.  We figured we may use the stroller (without the car seat), when my niece is here this weekend, so we might as well have it ready.



I'll have more to report next week, because we go in for the glucose test and ultrasound today!  Eeek!

How far along? 27 Weeks
Maternity clothes? Mostly maternity, except for cardigans and really big stuff.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Symptoms: heartburn, digestive issues.
Best moment this week: More constant movement, and the hiccups were funny.
Miss Anything? Running, especially races.  Watching all the runners at the turkey trot made me miss it.
Movement: Yup!
Food cravings: cheeseburgers, ice cream, coconut flavored things.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing this week.
Have you started to show yet: Yes, I've even been told that I'm huge.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No, thank god!
Belly Button in or out? In, but it's pretty flat at this point.
Mood: Really happy.
Looking forward to: Seeing the baby on the ultrasound this week, my family's visit this weekend.
What I am NOT looking forward to: The dreaded glucose test.
Weekly Wisdom: Stay calm, carry on.
Milestones: Hiccups!  Reaching the third trimester.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails