Thursday, December 13, 2012

My Twenty-Eighth Week

Ah, this week has been crazy busy.  I actually wrote most of this post a couple days ago, but haven't had time to do pictures or publish it!  So I'm 29 weeks pregnant.  Hard to believe I'm almost to the Thirties!



I will say, I'm starting to feel BIG.  I mean, I know I've been mentioning, yeah the belly is growing every week and all that, but at this point, it's really noticeably large to me and apparently everyone.  The funny thing is, that I'm still not completely used to the fact that it's probably the first thing strangers notice about me.  A cashier peppered me with pregnancy questions the other day and I told my husband that sometimes I actually forget that I look so pregnant and am even a little embarrassed.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still totally excited that I have a big belly and the baby seems to be growing well in there, but I'm kind of a shy person sometimes and don't feel comfortable having tons of attention on me (My wedding ceremony was about 15 minutes long if that tells you anything, and I knew all the people staring at me).

My plan to watch what I am eating and try to move more went ok.  I think this is going to be a hard time of year with the holidays because it's busy AND there is tons of festive, delicious food around.  I still have cookies from my family's visit and felt compelled to make a fresh batch of cookies (snickerdoodles) for my in-laws this week while they were here.  So the cookie consumption is probably still not much better than last week.  I did try to aim for more salads and healthy food at meal times this week though.  I did a treadmill workout one night after work, getting in about two miles.



The biggest problem with the treadmill?  I had to pee about 3-4 times.  I'm not sure what the deal with that is, since I regularly walk my neighborhood without that problem.  I also did a couple walks in the neighborhood.  I think I could still stand to step it up with walks or workouts if I can fit them in.

Speaking of peeing frequently.  I am still up a couple times a night and was even up FOUR times one night this week.  I think that was a new record...  I'm also hot in the middle of the night.  Even though it's winter, I find myself peeling off blanket layers and turning on our ceiling fan to cool down at night.



I still have heartburn pretty frequently but a Tums or a Zantac usually helps.  I feel like my heartburn isn't too terrible so sometimes I wait a while before taking anything to see if it'll pass and if it doesn't I'll take something.

As for baby prep, my in-laws decided to get us tons of stuff from our registry for Christmas- a closet organizer, onesies, cloth diapers (for spit ups), a medical kit, a Boppy lounger, etc...  We spent a while the first night they came opening everything.  They loved our nursery.  All I have left to do in there is work on cleaning/organizing the closet, hang some paper lanterns I bought, and wait on our glider to come in, which is supposed to happen within the next couple weeks.  Once that stuff is done I'll give you guys a tour.

Maybe the highlight of the week was that we did a maternity photo shoot.  This is probably a little early to do them, but we knew Greg was off and kind of want to use a photo for Christmas cards, so I thought this was a good time to schedule it.  Greg and I have never had real professional pictures taken.  We didn't do engagement photos and didn't even hire a wedding photographer.  Greg's dad took our wedding pictures (he is an amateur photographer and does sell his work- mainly scenic pictures, but doesn't normally do weddings).  Even though I love our wedding pictures, there was always a part of me that has looked at the photo journalistic styled professional wedding photographer ones with envy.  Knowing what we went through to get pregnant and not knowing what the future holds (I don't know if we'll have more babies or not), I felt very strongly that we need to document this special time.  I asked Jessica Horton, who I have met before at a Charlotte blogger meet-up, if she'd do our maternity photos.  We went to Davidson, NC for the shoot and it was actually really fun.  I felt really comfortable with Jess and she was great at directing us on what to do and where to go.  We also brought Clyde so that he could be in some pictures.  I can't wait to see how they turned out.

How far along? 29 Weeks
Maternity clothes? Mostly maternity, except for cardigans and really big stuff.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Symptoms: heartburn, movement, tiredness
Best moment this week: I loved the maternity photo shoot.
Miss Anything? Running, I dreamed about running the other night.  Also wine, I would have loved a glass with dinner one night this week when I was out.
Movement: Yup, she is rolling around in there!
Food cravings: Cheeseburgers, cheesecake (I saw some on Food Network and wanted some), cookies, cereal, fruit.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Actually, I did feel slightly nauseated one or two mornings this week.  Nothing major though.
Have you started to show yet: Yes, I've even been told that I'm huge.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No, thank god!
Belly Button in or out? In, but it's pretty flat at this point.
Mood: Pretty excited.
Looking forward to: Finishing the nursery, my baby shower (in January).
What I am NOT looking forward to: Feeling heavier, more tired, and more uncomfortable in the coming weeks.
Weekly Wisdom: Stay calm, carry on.
Milestones: Third trimester, last week of the the 20's.



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails