Thursday, December 27, 2012

My Thirtieth Week

Hey all!  I'm now thirty-one weeks pregnant!  I'm only about two months out from my due date (2/27) now, so it's starting to feel pretty real.



So I feel like at this point there's not a ton of new stuff to report.  Not too much is new or changing, I'm just getting bigger and waiting for the major stuff to happen.  I'll try and give the highlights anyway though.

Heartburn/acid reflux was pretty bad this week.  During the day I was fine, but when I laid down to go to sleep, it was really painful and awful.  Two nights I went to bed without taking anything and had to get up and take a Zantac in the middle of the night and wait about a 1/2 hour for it to kick in enough that I could go back to sleep.  Oww.  I think I may have to start taking one before bed if I have any inkling of it coming on.

I'm still getting back pain on and off.  I have this one spot on the right side of my back where I feel it.  I made an appointment for a pre-natal massage, but it's not til late January, so I'm debating making another one for sooner if I can get in somewhere, or even with a chiropractor maybe.

The baby is still pretty active, especially later in the day.  I've been doing my kick/movement counts, usually after dinner and it doesn't take long for her to move 10 times.  I definitely see little body parts sticking up on my belly sometimes and once in a while she'll kind of stay only on one side so my stomach is all uneven.  It's kind of amusing.



I did well with walks this week I think I got 5 out of 7 days in, which is the most I've done in a week in a while.

It was a good thing I got so many walks in because I had TWO cookie exchanges to attend this week, so cookie consumption has been at an all time high.  I'm hoping once the holidays are over and I don't have three containers of cookies sitting on my counter, my diet is going to be a bit more normal again.

I visited my friend Sarah and her new little boy this week and got a glimpse of the first week of motherhood. As much as I know my life is going to change drastically soon, I'm really excited to meet my baby girl and start loving her outside my body.



One thing I'm thinking about more lately is breastfeeding.  I kind of took notes and asked some questions while visiting Sarah, and also listened to a pregtastic podcast on the subject this week.  I have a breastfeeding class coming up in January as well.  I definitely plan to and hope to breastfeed, but I know it's not an easy thing for everyone, so we'll see how it goes.  Feel free to pass along any wisdom any of you might have, I'm all ears!

In other news, lately I'm marveling over how great Greg has been through the pregnancy.  He came to every ultrasound with me, and he was the one that teared up at the first one we had when we saw the heartbeat.  He was so awesome about painting the nursery and assembling all the furniture, stroller, etc...  Plus he has done a lot of other prep work we needed to do, including a lot of deep house cleaning lately (carpet cleaning and stuff like that). He recently ordered a special video monitor for the baby this week that he will be able to use from his computer remotely when he's on trips so he can see her.  He also got a digital picture frame he can fill with pictures of himself so that the baby can see him when he's not there.  So cute!  Also, he gave me two books for the baby for Christmas.  I can't wait to see how he is as a father.  I'm melting when I think about it already :)   It's awesome to see him so into having a baby.

How far along? 31 Weeks
Maternity clothes? Mostly maternity, except for cardigans and really big stuff.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Symptoms: heartburn, movement, back pain, frequent peeing
Best moment this week: Probably the night Greg and I did our Christmas (we celebrated early because he wasn't home on the actual day).
Miss Anything?  Sleeping well, not having heartburn, running.
Movement: Yup, she is rolling around in there!
Food cravings: cookies, fruit, gingerbread cake.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really.  I had shrimp tacos one night and after, when I was cleaning up, I had a moment where I had a wave a nausea, but it passed.
Have you started to show yet: Yes, duh.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No, thank god!
Belly Button in or out? Ok, I'm going to say it's flat, but sometimes has hints of being out now!  Greg is very freaked out by it and won't touch it.  Haha!
Mood:  Good!
Looking forward to: Finishing the nursery, my baby shower (in January).
What I am NOT looking forward to: Feeling heavier, more tired, and more uncomfortable in the coming weeks.
Weekly Wisdom: Um, hang in there?
Milestones: I'm in the thirties!!




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails