Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!  To say I'm excited about 2013 and all that's coming up would be an understatement.  I know this year is going to bring so much change and so many things I've been waiting to experience.  I think at this point it's kind of hard to wrap my head around it all.



When I look back at 2012, I actually think it was a pretty good year overall.  I really only spent 3 months out of last year not pregnant and going through some sadness and struggle over miscarriage and trying to conceive a healthy baby.  In the grand scheme of the year, it was worth going through that stuff to get to where we are now.  I even look back at those months of uncertainty and struggle with pride over how I handled it and am glad I ran, was social, and worked on finding answers and a solution to our problems, even if in the end I think it just was random luck.

Obviously my healthy pregnancy was the highlight of my year.  I am so thankful and happy that 2012 finally brought us this miracle and that we're having a baby in 2013.  In case you haven't noticed- it's something I've always wanted and it's crazy to see that the dream is finally going to be realized.

Looking ahead to 2013, here are some things I hope for:


  • A healthy baby girl
  • A good birth experience
  • Success with breastfeeding
  • A happy baby (who hopefully likes sleeping at night!)
  • For me to get back into running and do some races
  • An enjoyable six months of maternity leave
  • The ability to find a good work/baby/life balance when I do go back to work
  • That Greg and I get even closer
  • That I still take time to snuggle my fur baby Clyde when we have the baby
  • That I have more fun with my family and friends this year


I know it's going to be a year of major adjustment, but I don't know if I could have been much more prepared.  Greg and I just passed eleven years of dating and are coming up on seven years of marriage.  We've made it through so many struggles- furlough, moves, miscarriages, etc...  We've been trying for a baby for two years.  I think if anyone is mentally prepared for a baby to change our lives, it's us.  I'm really excited about this year.  I hope you guys are too.  If you are still struggling to reach goals, my advice is to not give up and to press on.  You never know when the stars will align and your dreams will come true :)


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails