Sunday, January 13, 2013

Our Nursery

Ok, now that the baby shower has happened (more to come on that) a lot of people got the chance to see the nursery in person, I'm ready to show you guys!

Our nursery has been a real labor of love.  Both Greg and I got really into making it a special place for our little girl and I'm so thrilled with how it's turned out.  The major starting points were that we liked dark wood furniture, peach walls (I was open to lilac/purple too, but Greg voted for peach), and the Pottery Barn Sweet Lambie bedding.  From there, we kind of just went with whatever we felt like went with those things.  Our color palette was kind of peach/white/taupe/dark brown (we also have some light green accents here and there).  We wanted it to be baby/kid friendly, but not too cutsie/cartoonish.  Modern, but classic.  Feminine, but not too girly (I didn't want everything to be pink!).  I think we achieved our goal!

My camera skills aren't the best, but hopefully you can kind of see everything from my pictures.  Enjoy!













Crib- Graco Stanton in Espresso (we got ours at Wal-Mart)
Bedding and lambie mobile- Pottery Barn Kids
Curtains- Carousel Designs (these might be my favorite thing in the whole room).  We upgraded to the black out option after hearing black out curtains are really helpful for baby's sleep.
Curtain rods- Target
Glider- Dutailier Beige Microfiber Sleigh Glider Ottoman Combo Buy Buy Baby
Mirror- Ikea Ekne
Dresser- Ikea Hemnes in black/brown
Night Stand- Ikea Hemnes in black/brown
Book Shelf- Ikea Hemnes in black/brown (just so you know, it's bolted to the wall so it can't fall over).
Diaper Caddy- JJ Cole in green.  I actually got ours on Zulily when it came up on sale, but you can get it on Amazon or other places.
Lambie prints for wall- Etsy, Sweet Pea Art Studio.
Frames for Lambie prints- Kohls
Paper lanterns- Paper Lantern Store  Yarn/ribbon used to hang lanterns- Wal-Mart.
Lamps- inherited from my parents (free!)
Lamp shades- Target
Brown round toy bin in corner and bin on the bottom of the book shelf- Target
Two wall shelves- Target
Wall paint- Lowe's Valspar Jekyll Clubhouse Peach

If there's anything I've forgotten that you want to know the origin of, let me know.
Related Posts with Thumbnails