Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Non-Pregnant Weekend Activities

I admit, my blogging has turned into quite the pregnancy journal as of late.  My phases as a runner training for a marathon and food blogger are kind of distant memories right now.  It's funny, because I used to look at friends that blogged and became pregnant and wonder how their blogs went from more variety of content to strictly once a week pregnancy posts, but now that I'm here, I kind of get it.  I actually spend a few days a week working on pregnancy posts so that I can remember all the things happening that week.  It usually doesn't leave me a whole lot of time leftover to blog about anything else.  Also, many of my weekly activities involve pregnancy news- like classes, nursery projects, shopping trips to Buy Buy Baby, etc... so as you can see, pregnancy has kind of taken over my life now!

That said, I do have a life outside pregnancy.  I think I'm just too busy enjoying the moments to whip out a camera, or even remember to bring my DSLR most of the time though.  Over the weekend I did do a few fun activities and even captured them on my IPhone.  Clyde and I met Kelly and Rascal for a walk.


It was a gorgeous day and we walked in the scenic, mansion heavy South Park area.  We also had a nice lunch outside at EarthFare after where I hoovered a big salad from their salad bar and a peanut butter brownie, that yes, went un-photographed (bad blogger).

Greg and I regularly send pictures back and forth of Clyde when one of us is with him and the other is at work, so I sent him this cute shot of Clyde on Saturday afternoon...



Sunday, I took advantage of another social opportunity and got together with a fun group of girls at Diana's house for a pot luck dinner.  If you read her blog, you know that she's coordinating an eat-in month challenge, so this was a way for her to be social but not go out.  This group has been dubbed the "Epic Eaters", and they often go out or get together for fun food consuming activities.

I made Jenna's pumpkin mac and cheese, which you can see in the photo below on the right, next to Jen's awesome scones.


There was also potato salad, kale and apple salad (so good!), goat cheese and crackers, dumplings, pork and rice...



And a big dish of apple cranberry crisp that Diana made, which was good, because I NEED my dessert lately!


Also, for the ladies who could drink, our friend Dion brought the most interesting jello shot ever created!


A fish bowl!  Cute right?  Here are the girls digging in.


We had a great time eating and hanging out.  I actually ate way too much.  I'm finding that it's harder to tell when I'm full while pregnant and really have to watch how much I eat or I regret it later.  Good thing I can take Tums, because I needed them Sunday night!

Anyway, that's just a little snippet of my non-pregnant activities lately.  I'm really trying to savor these last moments before the baby comes because I know it's not going to be so easy to just up and do these kinds of things once she's here and I have other responsibilities.  

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails