Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Thirty-Third Week

Wow, thirty-four weeks pregnant.  It's getting really crazy to think how close we are to having our baby girl now. I don't know that I've fully wrapped my head around it yet!  Ack!



So the biggest pregnancy related news this week was my baby shower.  Everything was so awesome, I'm so lucky to have such great friends and family that made it so special for me.  I promise to do a dedicated post about it soon but I didn't take a lot of pictures myself so I'm trying to compile some from friends who did.  Anyway, the shower was so, so great, and I really want to thank Kelly and my mom for putting it on.  It was truly amazing.  Here's a teaser shot for you- as you can see, Kelly went with the lamb/peach theme and it was a brunch shower.  Everything was so so cute!



As you have probably gathered if you have read my last few posts, I'm getting increasing less comfortable.  I feel like my unpleasant pregnancy symptoms are getting increasingly more unpleasant.  One night this week my heartburn was so bad in the middle of the night that I actually threw up :(  I think I am going to have to  consistently take Zantac before bed, because even on nights when I don't feel it when I'm going to bed, I get up so often to pee that it usually hits me later in the night if I haven't taken it.  The other big problem I'm having is that the swelling in my feet/ankles is still pretty bad too, despite drinking a lot of water and trying a few other tactics.  If anyone knows of any ways to reduce foot swelling, I'm all ears.  In the meantime, I went out and bought three pairs of flats for my Hobbit-like feet.  Fun!  Still, I don't want anyone to think I'm the least bit ungrateful about being pregnant, and all this is totally worth it and even though it's uncomfortable, I'm so happy to be pregnant and having a baby.  I'm just trying to keep it real about what my experience has been like physically.

I might as well stop saying I feel huge.  I think I've said that enough.  On a walk (or should I say waddle?) around the neighborhood the other day, I wore one of Greg's t-shirts (because most of mine don't fit) and truly felt a little bit ridiculous.  A neighbor said I looked like I was ready to pop, and I admit I'm a little embarrassed to admit I still have 6 weeks left til my due date!  I'm seriously starting to have a very limited wardrobe of clothes that fit though, so I can only imagine how it's going to be a month from now!



I'm starting to think more about the logistics of when I actually go into labor.  My mom is going to be able to go to the big child birth preparation class at the hospital with me, which is a relief since I have given up trying to schedule it with Greg. I plan on having her in the delivery room anyway, so I think having her with me at class makes sense.  The only problem is that I'm wait-listed for the class so I don't know if I'm going to get in.   I still need to figure out more about what I'm doing if Greg is travelling when I go into labor though.  We're going to wait til he gets his schedule for February (it comes out in a few days) and come up with a plan.

The other thing I need to start thinking about is packing a bag for the hospital.  This week I was at Target and ended up getting a couple of those sleep nursing bras and a nursing tank top that I will probably bring.  I'll have to start checking blogs for more ideas on what to bring.  If you have have suggestions, let me know :)

Coming up next week, I have a check-up and I believe it's my first "below-the-waist" check on how things are going down there, so that should be interesting.

How far along? 34 Weeks
Maternity clothes?  Pretty much all maternity, except for articles of Greg's clothing I have stolen.  I also bought a couple more bras this week.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Symptoms: heartburn, movement, back pain, swelling in the feet/ankles, feeling huge.
Best moment this week: The baby shower!
Miss Anything?  Sleeping well, not having heartburn, running, having distinct ankles.
Movement: Yup, she is rolling around in there!
Food cravings: cupcakes, munchkin donuts (these were all left behind after my shower!), fruit, broccoli.
Anything making you queasy or sick: heartburn made me sick one night :(
Have you started to show yet: Yes, duh.  I feel extremely huge.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No not yet.
Belly Button in or out? It's out!
Mood:  Good!
Looking forward to:  Maternity leave and meeting our baby.
What I am NOT looking forward to: Feeling heavier, more tired, and more uncomfortable in the coming weeks.
Weekly Wisdom: Um, hang in there?
Milestones: I count the baby shower as a milestone!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails