Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My Thirty-Fourth Week

Alright, I know I say this every week, but I really can't believe I'm 35 weeks pregnant.  It seriously feels like our baby could be born really soon now!  I have a lot of friends who have gone into labor a few weeks before their due dates, and that's getting VERY CLOSE now!



It's been a pretty good week.  Dare I say that I feel like my swelling isn't quite as bad?  I have been taking B6, as suggested by Tanya, and also sitting with my feet elevated a lot.  I also really tried to keep drinking a lot of water and also some Gatorade from time to time, because I had heard that sometimes helps.  Also, the weather finally got a little nicer (we had about 4 days straight of rain) and I did some more walking than I was able to before, so maybe that helped too.  Whatever the reason, I'm hoping to keep the swelling at bay.

I figured out that I actually have been having Braxton Hicks contractions, they are just not what I thought they would feel like.  My belly gets kind of hard, but it doesn't hurt at all.  I feel it at nighttime a lot when I wake up to roll over.  Weird.

I had to pee a lot this week.  I had one day where I swear I went every hour, which is unusual for me.

I was also pretty exhausted a lot this week.  I had a couple days where I was struggling to stay awake around mid afternoon and went up to bed early.  I'm glad we have a lot of our prep out of the way, because I definitely don't have energy to get a ton of stuff done in the evenings, on days I work, anymore.



I'm going through the crazy huge pile of gifts from the baby shower and have been slowly putting things away.  One thing I may do a dedicated post on is how I still feel a little superstitious about it all, despite being huge, feeling the baby move, and having every indication that everything is fine.  I have drawers of clothes, sheets, blankets, and other baby stuff, that I've basically been afraid to wash and prep for the baby, "just in case".  I know it may seem crazy, but when you've had the kind of of tragedy like we've had, sometimes it's still hard to believe this is real and we're really going to have a live baby.  I'm still scared and think...what if?  Anyway, this week I finally made myself do a load of baby laundry since I can barely hold everything in the dresser with all the packaging.  I took the tags off things, threw away packaging, and topped off the washer with Dreft.  I consider that an accomplishment.

 In other news, I went to a fun event with some of my baby-mama friends at The Baby Grocery Store on Saturday night.  This event was for new mom's or expectant mom's, so I was excited I could participate.  There was food, dessert, massages, facials, and swag bags.  My mama friends have a Facebook group that they added me to a couple months ago and I'm really looking forward to joining the play dates they organize once the baby is here.  The Baby Grocery Store is neat- they have a lot of baby products, but also a room you can use for play dates and they host a lot of events like the one I went to.  I won a some products and bought some nipple cream my friend Lindsay recommended.

I had a doctor's appointment at 34 weeks 5 days.  I was thinking this would be the first in which they'd check "under the hood", but I found out it that it was just an easy check up, measuring the belly and checking the heartbeat with the Doppler again.  At my next appointment they do the Group B Strep test and check my progress down under and that's in two weeks.  Seems kind of late to me, but what do I know?

Following the doctor's appointment, I had a chiropractor appointment.  My chiropractor told me at my last appointment that if I still didn't know from my OBGYN, he could check my tummy and confirm whether the baby was head down or not, so at this appointment he checked and she is indeed head down.  I have suspected for a while that she was because I typically feel more leg-like movement in the top half of my belly, but it was still nice to have further confirmation.

Finishing off the week, Greg and I attended Infant CPR and Safety at our hospital last night.  It was held in the maternity ward conference room, so it was kind of surreal to walk through the halls of the maternity ward and realize then probably in a month or so we'll be in there again to have our baby.

How far along? 35 Weeks
Maternity clothes?  Pretty much all maternity and some of that is feeling "small".  Yikes!
Stretch marks? Nope.
Symptoms: heartburn, movement, swelling in the feet/ankles, feeling huge, frequent urination.
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat is always the best!
Miss Anything?  Sleeping well, not having heartburn, running, having distinct ankles, being able to work out hard.
Movement: Yup, she is rolling around in there!
Food cravings: fresh bread and butter, peanut butter panda puffs, chocolate, fruit, animal crackers.
Anything making you queasy or sick: heartburn has made me have pukey burps (sorry, gross I know!) a couple times but I didn't throw up this week.
Have you started to show yet: Yes, duh.  I feel extremely huge.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks, but it doesn't feel like labor or anything.
Belly Button in or out? It's out!
Mood:  Good!
Looking forward to:  Maternity leave and meeting our baby.
What I am NOT looking forward to: Feeling heavier, more tired, and more uncomfortable in the coming weeks.
Weekly Wisdom: Um, hang in there?
Milestones: Five weeks to go?!?!



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails