Thursday, December 20, 2012

My Twenty-Ninth Week

I'm now thirty weeks pregnant!  Wow, only about ten weeks to go (or less)!  Crazy.



So, overall I still feel pretty good.  This week I got some pretty bad back pain on my lower right side and from about 6pm on Sunday til the time I went to bed I was pretty miserable and useless.  I think it might be time for either a prenatal massage or a visit to a chiropractor.  I am not even sure where it came from, because I wasn't even on my feet that much that day except in the afternoon when I made some Christmas cookies, but that was only like two hours of the day.  Weird.  My doctor advised to take Tylenol if it happens again.  I used the heating pad and my shiatsu massage pillow that night, and that was somewhat helpful.  I'm hoping I won't get a lot more of that in the next couple months!

Heartburn wasn't too bad this week.  I still take Tums or a Zantac if I feel it, but this was probably one of the better weeks I have had.  I think it's going to continue to come and go until the baby drops more, since she's just so high.



I had a check up at the OB this week and heard my baby's heartbeat on the Doppler again.  Still sounds strong!  I confirmed that I passed my gestational diabetes test, so that was good news!  I guess that means I'm clear to continue my Christmas cookie eating habit.  Nom nom :)  The midwife I saw measured my belly and I measured 30 weeks- right on track.  New this week, she gave me a kick count sheet for me to keep track of the baby's movement/kicks.  I asked if it was normal that I mostly just feel other kinds of movement, not kicking, and she said that it was.  Good- I can stop obsessing over my lack of "kick" movement.

After my OB appointment, I stopped in at the pediatrician's office we intend to use.  They are located right next to my OB office.  I found out that I don't really need to do anything ahead of time because the doctors at the practice have priveledges at the hospital where I am delivering so they just come when the baby is born and then you set up your first appointment.  I have several friends that use the same practice and all really like it, so I feel confident on using them as well.  Plus, I know they have some lactation consultants on staff, which will probably come in handy.

I'm still walking.  Probably about 3-4 times a week depending on how busy I am.  I hit the treadmill one night this week and again had the constant peeing problem, but I think I figured out why.  I was watching Jim Gaffigan, and couldn't stop laughing.  My bladder control is not what it once was so the combination of laughing/walking, made me have to run to the bathroom a bunch of times.  I think I'm going to have to watch something more serious next time on the on the treadmill- Law and Order anyone??  If you need a laugh, definitely check out his video called Mr. Universe.  I watched on Netflix and was dying laughing.  It even starts off with a segment about babies, so it's fitting for me!  Just remember, seven months pregnant on a treadmill and comedy don't mix!



To cap off the week, my friend Sarah went into labor Tuesday!  She was a little over three weeks early- eek!  Her labor started with her water breaking and slowly progressed into some contractions and dialation, but they ended up deciding to do a C-section last night, and she had her baby boy around 8pm.  He's healthy and they are doing well despite him coming so early.  I went to hospital to see her after work (before she gave birth), and got to see a little glimpse of the early stages of labor.

 Oh, and I owe you guys a link to my maternity photos!  Here they are:

http://www.jjhortonphotography.com/maternity/davidson-nc-maternity-photographe/


If you read through Jessica's post, there's a link to all the pictures at the end.  I purchased one of the ones where we are all sitting together in the grass and used it as our Christmas card.

How far along? 30 Weeks
Maternity clothes? Mostly maternity, except for cardigans and really big stuff.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Symptoms: heartburn, movement, tiredness, back pain
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat again and further confirmation that things are on track at the doctor's office.  That always makes me really happy.
Miss Anything?  I actually missed sleeping on my back this week.  I'm usually a side sleeper, but sometimes sleep on my back and miss having the option.
Movement: Yup, she is rolling around in there!
Food cravings: ice cream, cookies, fruit, smoothies, egg nog milk shake (I made one at home with vanilla ice cream and Silk egg nog and it was awesome).
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show yet: Yes, duh.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No, thank god!
Belly Button in or out? In, but it's pretty flat at this point.
Mood:  Happy!
Looking forward to: Finishing the nursery, my baby shower (in January), having a couple days off for Christmas next week.
What I am NOT looking forward to: Feeling heavier, more tired, and more uncomfortable in the coming weeks.
Weekly Wisdom: Comedy and treadmills don't mix.
Milestones: I'm in the thirties!!.



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails