Monday, February 15, 2010

Home at last!

I finally made out of Snowmageddon 2010 or whatever they are now calling it! That was really an insane amount of snow! I drove straight home Friday and couldn't wait to see Clyde, Greg, and the bunnies! Once home I bounded through the door and scooped up my puppy! It was so good to see him and Greg got home from work shortly after. It was SO GOOD to be home!! I had missed a lot! Clyde pretty much has "fetch" down now, and can ring a bell at the front door, although I don't think he's completely figured out the whole bell-connected-to-going-out-to-the-bathroom thing yet. We still have some work to do on that. He's been really good about going outside though, no accidents as of late.
Once home I was faced with what else- more snow! We got about 4-5 inches in Charlotte. Here's a couple pictures from the morning after:




Being away made me take stock of my life. Going away for long periods of time, being in an area where you used to live, and being alone with yourself in the car for 6 hours each way gives you some time to think. It's taken a while, but I can honestly say I'm happy in Charlotte, and it really feels like home to me. The first couple years here were hard. I liked my life in Virginia and harbored some resentment towards Greg when we moved here and he uprooted me from my life there. I missed my job, my friends, and the area where we lived a lot. Going up to Virginia used to be a little bit painful for me. I would get all nostalgic and think about what my life would have been like if we'd stayed living there. It doesn't help that we've been through so much crap with the furlough and everything since moving to Charlotte. For a long time I just wasn't that happy here. This trip was a real epiphany though, because I realized I just wanted to go HOME, and home is Charlotte. I missed my house, my hubby, my pets, my friends, running group, etc... It's all here, and this is really home for me now. I like my life here.
Well, time to take the puppy out for a walk!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails