Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's been a pretty good week. I had Kelly and Rascal over for dinner Tuesday night. Kelly's been doing P90X, which is something I might want to try in the future, but I'm not sure I would show as much discipline as she does in following it exactly as it's designed. I'm interested in the work-outs but don't know that I'd be compelled to follow it exactly every day. Same with the diet. She's been really good about following it all. I admire her dedication! Anyway, I wanted to make something that hopefully wouldn't totally ruin the diet, so I did some research online looking to see what people on this diet are supposed to eat. I ended up making chicken fajitas. I seasoned some chicken with cumin/chili pepper, etc, and grilled it the grill pan. I then sauteed three different colored peppers with onions. We had them in multi-grain tortillas and for add-ins I reheated some thick black bean soup I'd made the night before, plain non-fat yogurt, cilantro, and tomato. I also had a little bit of 2% cheddar in mine. I also made homemade guacamole. I have the best recipe ever from my aunt and mom.

Guacamole:
-One avocado (or more if you want a big batch)
-about 1/3 to 1/2 of a medium tomato
-a clove of garlic (or I just used the minced garlic in the jar)
-a little bit of fresh onion (a little goes a long way, so maybe like 1 big tablespoon)
-a big tablespoon of chopped cilantro
-about 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of lime juice
salt and pepper to taste.

Mash altogether with a fork or in a mortar/pestal or food processor to desired texture. I like mine chunky.

In case you can't tell, a lot of the time I'm an "eye-baller" when it comes to recipes.

I think the guacamole and chips kinda threw off the diet slightly- sorry Kel! And I also made some yellow rice, which probably didn't help either. But the rest seemed to be pretty much on par with P90X recipes I saw online.

The doggies had their second play date together and OMG Clyde could not contain his excitement over Rascal and Kelly at all. No I mean, he LITERALLY couldn't- he peed himself like 3 times. Lovely!
The dogs were funny though. Rascal taught Clyde how to growl and bark. Very important doggie skills to have. They spent most of the night chasing each other around and barking at each other. It was silly.

I had planned on going to running group for the first time in a while tonight, but I have wimped out on that due to the FRIGID temperatures outside. I went out at lunch and almost got blown over by the wind chill. It's really like in the 40s here today, which isn't that bad, but when you add the horrible cold wind it feels brutal.

1 comments:

Joanna said...

We had guacamole this weekend too! I just use avocado, salsa, salt and mayo (I know, it should weird, but it gives it a little extra something).

We ate the whole batch in one sitting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails