Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Five Minute Spinach Sauce

Hey guys!  The week is already in full swing.  Work is running me ragged lately, and I come home without a ton of energy or motivation to do a lot, especially cook long elaborate meals.

Lately I'm all about quick meals and using up stuff in my fridge.  I made lasagna for my parents when they were visiting and I pretty much always make more noodles than I end up using, so I thought I'd get creative last night in using up the extra noodles.

I decided to make a simple sauce out of sauteed spinach, garlic, and tomato (in a little olive oil).


Mixed with some cottage cheese in the food processor to give it the creamy, cheesy factor.


 

Awwww yeah.


Then I cut up my cooked lasagna noodles into bite sized pieces, poured on my sauce, and added a little fresh Parmesan cheese.  I popped it in the microwave just to warm up the noodles and make sure the sauce was warm all the way through.





Easy, tasty, and healthy too.  A great use for leftover pasta!

I spent the rest of the evening chilling with Clyde playing about 2,000 rounds of fetch...



while watching this crazy movie...



In case you can't see my picture very well, I watched 127 Hours, which is the film about Aron Ralston, the guy who had to cut his arm off to free it from a boulder that fell on his arm while hiking in Utah.  The movie really made me think about whether I could do that or not and I definitely cringed during THE scene.

I also had a bowl of cookies and cream (Breyers) ice cream with some fresh cherries on top later as a movie snack.



Kind of like Cherry Garcia.  Yum!

Do you have any five minute go-to recipes? 




6 comments:

Erin @ The Grass Skirt said...

Michael has been trying to get me to watch that movie for ages, but I am worried that it is too graphic for me! Maybe I'll just close my eyes during the nasty part. ;) Dinner looked great!

Jen said...

oh...127 hours had my stomach in knots the WHOLE time. i was a goner as soon as the boulder fell on his arm!

good movie, but super intense. i couldn't stop thinking about it for a week. the next day i went online and read a lot of things about aron!

Anonymous said...

Oh yummy! Your spinach sounds sounds soo good and a healthy way to have that alfredo creamy sauce feeling on pasta. Love it!! :)

Null said...

Using cottage cheese is such a good idea. Your dinner looked delish.

I'm not sure I could sit thorugh a movei like that. The whole story makes me cringe!

Brittany @ A Healthy Slice of Life said...

oh I love it! What an easy, healthy sauce for pasta! :)

Amber said...

I saw that movie and I figured I would have died out of panic within the first couple of hours. :) But then again, I would NEVER go somewhere like that without telling someone. If my pilot is away, I text my mom when I go on a run or bike ride....call me paranoid. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails