Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend Refreshments

Hey friends!  How's the weekend going for you all?

It's been good, low-key weekend for me. 

Friday night I met my friend Josie for dinner at a local pub to catch up.  I ordered something a little bit unusual for me, salmon!  I'm kind of weird and picky about fish and normally don't gravitate towards most fish, except maybe shrimp and crab.  I try to branch out though and have decided I really like fish like Mahi Mahi, Tilapia, and sometimes even salmon. 


My salmon came with veggies and wild rice and was simply grilled with a buttery/lemony sauce.  It was delicious!  Glad I branched out!

My Saturday consisted of a walk around the neighborhood with Clyde, errands at Target, a little local farm stand shopping, a nap, and some reading on the deck.

I also made Katie's watermelon lemonade, with a watermelon I bought at the farm stand yesterday.



Except I subbed out freshly squeezed orange juice for the lemon juice.  So maybe it would be called watermelon orange-ade?  Actually, I think it was more like a watermelon slushie, because I also added ice cubes to the blender.



OMG- this is so refreshing and good on a hot summery day!  I enjoyed mine on the deck while reading our new book club book, Little Bee.




Later, I had plans to meet up with some fellow bloggers at Menchie's, Charlotte's latest self serve fro-yo place!



I met Katy, Allison, and Kelly.


Katy was in town visiting after running the Charity Chase half marathon in Hickory in the morning. 
Charity Chase was my first half marathon!  I ran it last year.  Can't believe it's been a whole year.  Wow!


Oh, and Happy came too :)

I chose a mix of red velvet, dulce de leche, and cake batter topped with a bunch of chocolatey things and some raspberries and strawberries.



Kelly also brought along our friend Thomas.



Thomas created the most epic sundae ever.  It was like Man Vs. Food!  Man won ;)


Seriously, check this thing out! 

We had a great time hanging out on Menchie's patio.  The weather was totally gorgeous and it was a wonderful night to sit outside.



It was great meeting Katy and a pleasure to see Kelly and Allison as always.

7 comments:

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) said...

I'm jealous that you are always on the go! I feel like you are such a social butterfly. Wish I lived closer!

Jen said...

Looks like you had a super exciting weekend :)

Jen said...

the watermelon lemonade (orange-ade) looks ah-mazing and so refreshing! yay for summer!

i need to get to menchies soon. wish i could have joined y'all saturday.

Katy (The Singing Runner) said...

It was so good to meet you! Thanks for meeting up with me on such short notice! I had an amazing time! :D

Alison said...

Clyde is adorable! Serious cuteness. I hope he uses his powers for only good and not just to score extra doggie treats :)

Katie H said...

Watermelon lemonade sounds amazing right now- it is so hot up here! It looks like a fun meetup and I always love it when pups are involved :)

RunningOnCoffee said...

bookmarking that watermelon lemonade post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails