Sunday, August 28, 2011

2.62

Did I make you guys double-take with the 2.62?  Yeah, that's TWO point six miles not 26.2.



That's how far I ran yesterday morning before I decided to walk in the last .8 miles to my house.  I was feeling super dehydrated.  I kinda knew when I woke up that it might be a struggle to run, but I couldn't resist the breezy cooler weather, and had to get out there.

I had a 1/2 bagel with some PB and banana like old times before my run and some water.


I debated about running with a water bottle, but then decided not to because I knew it would be a "shortish" run and didn't want to have to carry one.  I regret my decision and think it would have helped to have some hydration along the way.  Here I am in all my post-run, hot-mess glory.




I have a hard time running this way, without a training plan and at random.  For the longest time, this was how I ALWAYS used to run, until I found my running group, races, and training plans and got hooked on running consistently.  Now I think it's hard to just run a couple miles here and there when you really have no established comfort level and base.  I've been trying to build it so that around 3-4 miles is comfortable, but life keeps getting in the way.  I can't justify cancelling plans around running or missing out on the limited time I have with these guys if I'm not training, in my opinion.


Date Night > Running


Right now that translates to only running about two, maybe three (if I'm lucky), times a week and I can tell it's not enough to really get to that comfortable place. 

Anyway, back at the house I downed a good amount of water and Gatorade to quench my thirst after the run.  I also made myself lunch:  toast with spinach, cheese, a black bean burger, a fried egg, and green salsa.  I can' get enough green salsa lately.  Love this stuff...





Soooooooooooo yummy.  The tang of the salsa mixes with the runny egg, and the meatiness of the black bean burger.  It's a little spicy, and totally delicious.  Make it.

I actually felt kind of crappy all day, I think from being kind of dehydrated.  I spent a while watching Rookie Blue episodes I've missed lately.  Love that show!



I also read more of One Day, my book club book, which we're supposed to have read by later this week!  Eeeeek!




I met some friends out at Taco Mac for dinner.  I had a Red Oak ale and fish tacos with sweet potato fries.


My friend Gibson had "DEATH" wings.



He ended up with a mouth on fire!


My friends Sarah and Tim were also there for the fun along with friends Kerrie and Josie, who went unpictured.



I love this crew.  My stomach kind of hurt from laughing so hard by the end of the night. :) 

Unlike many areas, experiencing Hurricane Irene, we had a beautiful breezy night in Charlotte, and even ate outside.




How was your Saturday?  Did you, or are you experiencing the hurricane?? 

8 comments:

alison said...

I think we go though phases in life, at one point I never missed a run, now I miss them too...life gets in the way but running will always be a part of it in varring degrees. We survived in DC. Today I see the sunn coming out!

Fly The Friendly Skies said...

I totally am feeling you on the running. I was just talking to Geoff the other day how I have basically taken a year off (moving, new job and training, commuting, surgery, wedding and moving again- wooah) with just a run here or there. I am starting to feel the running "itch" again. I blame it on the beautiful fall weather. Need to find a race...

Looks like you had a good rest of the day! I can't wait to get settled in a place for more than a year and make some new friends. I have no one to eat with in DTW unless my old coworkers are in town.

Unknown said...

i feel as if we all go through this, but it builds character and we learn through our weaknesses, right?
Same boat over here friend!
LC

Amber said...

I really struggle with this! I had to leave my pilot for 4 hours this morning while I was out coaching...and run/walking my own 10 miles. Good job on getting out there anyways! It all counts! :)

Katie @ Legally Fit said...

I've had runs like that. It can get frustrating but you just have to keep at it (which you know of course!). Date night is definitely more important!

We evacuated VB on Fri and hung out at my aunt's yesterday (she lives near Fairfax). We got back today and we have power, hooray!

Katie said...

ah, so sad i missed you that night!

Andrea said...

How are you liking the book "One Day?" I hear it's really good! I'm actually going with a friend to see the movie this week. I think I'm gonna pass on the book on this one because if I don't I'll likely never see it! I'm still trying to finish "The Help" which will surely be on DVD by the time I'm done at this rate! Lol!

P.S. So agree with your comment on my blog that we gotta get together again soon! :)

Cassie said...

I love the caption Date night > running... it made me giggle so hard! Ok, well the picture helped ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails