Sunday, September 11, 2011

One More Day In NH

I'm a slow blogger these days and almost a whole week behind in recapping.  I have one last post about my trip to NH. 

Monday morning I had plans to do a run in Jen's neighborhood, but they were ruined when I started getting dizzy while I got ready.  Damn Vertigo....  I decided I still wanted to do something, but walking was probably safer, so Clyde and I set out on a walk.




Jen's neighborhood is really hilly, so it was probably just as well that I did a brisk walk rather than a run anyway.  Hills tend to mess up my hip flexor on runs.


It was a pretty morning.  Sort of a mix of warm and cool.



I'm really glad I got it in because we spent a while in the car right after this, making the drive to my home town about 2 hours away to see Jen's family.  Her parents still live in the house I grew up in, which is across the street from my childhood house. 

On the drive, I got an iced pumpkin spice coffee from Dunkin Donuts.  Sooooooooooooooo good!



It was a rainy day in my home town, so we spent a lot of time inside eating, talking, and playing with the kids and dogs.


Clyde rolled with it.


Jen's brother is a music teacher and plays classical guitar.  He played for us for a while.



It was a really nice, rainy afternoon. 

I remarked to Jen at one point during our visit, that I am glad she and her family still live in NH.  All of my family has moved from there and she is one of the only ties I still have to the area.  I told her she is my NH family.  I love visiting my home state and town.  Nostalgia always overcomes me.





2 comments:

Tanya Kummerow said...

Your trip to NH looks like so much fun! Anytime you want a travel buddy you just let me know!

Cassie said...

Next time you come "home" we need a get-together ;-) Just sayin!

Related Posts with Thumbnails