Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How To Cram As Much As Possible Into A Weekend

Hi!  I had a really busy three day weekend.  I actually had Friday off for Veterans Day, which was awesome.  I REALLY needed one of those extra days off to get stuff I've been putting off done, like closet cleaning.  I had a pretty productive day and let's hope I can keep my closet somewhat cleaner.  I'm definitely a do-laundry-keep-in-laundry-basket-way-too-long kind of girl, so I need to get in a better habbit of putting my crap away!

While cleaning, I made some pumpkin bread using a Trader Joe's mix and subbing mashed banana in for the oil.



I also ran 3.75 miles on Friday, which was great!

To celebrate the conquering of my closet and my run, I met some friends out at Big Ben, a British Pub in South Charlotte. 



Nice photo bomb Tim :)



I decided to try this Crispin Cider, which came in the biggest glass I've ever seen!


The bartender assured me that it was actually the same amount of liquid that fits in a pint glass.  Phew.  I would have had to call it a night right there if that wasn't the case!  It was really delicious.

Gibson insisted on getting the Scottish Eggs, which I have never seen or heard of before.  They might be the most bizarre food I have ever seen.  I tried a bite.  They weren't horrible, but I wouldn't run right out to make them or have them again!



I Googled them, to find out more:  A Scotch egg consists of a de-shelled hard-boiled egg, wrapped in a sausage meat mixture, coated in breadcrumbs, and deep-fried.  Ewww...  Ok, now I'm kinda grossed out.

I ended up getting a pretty standard grilled chicken sandwich with fries.


We stayed out a little while longer and discussions about politics and the economy ensued.  Finally the debates broke up and I headed home.

I wish I could say my productivity continued into Saturday, but it didn't.  I had one of those loungy, TV watching days.  I finally got out later in the day to help my friend Gibson with some furniture shopping and it did help break me out of my funk.

Sunday was another busy day.  My friend Alison was in town for a visit with family, and we made plans to meet for breakfast at Flying Biscuit.

I couldn't make up my mind if I was more in an eggy mood or bready mood and kind of wanted a little of everything so I ordered The High Flyer, which included eggs, bacon, grits, a biscuit, and a pancake.  It was WAY more than I could eat though!  I ate about half of everything and quit!






We made a trip to Trader Joe's following breakfast, and I got a bunch of goodies :)

Before parting ways, Alison gave me this present for Clyde.



Um, how cute are these??  So far I have tried unsuccessfully to get them on him, but while Greg is home this week, I might try again.  I think it's a two man job ;)

I later met Sara, Erin, and our friend Kirsten for a light lunch at Reids.  Reids is kind of like Dean and Deluca, a high end specialty store with some food to order.  I got a cup of black bean soup since I still wasn't that hungry from breakfast.  Blogger fail- none of use got pictures!

Between lunch and my next event, I killed some time at the South Park mall.  I thought maybe I'd do some Christmas shopping, but I couldn't get into it.  I kind of need to come up with a list and game plan for that, so nothing was jumping out at me screaming "this would be perfect for so-and-so!"  I ended up with three pairs of socks.  Hey, it's something!

My next event was Katie's bartending adventure for BeardsBecause at Cowfish




It was highly entertaining watching Katie make drinks.



She was ready to kill me when I ordered this martini, but I told her it was meant to be easy since it had three ingredients in it: pinapple juice, Malibu rum, and vanilla vodka. 



I knew you could do it Katie!

I ordered some coconut covered onion rings for anyone that would eat them, since I had a appetizer coupon to use.  They're ridiculously good...



I also got a chinese chicken salad, which I could hardly make a dent in.



It was delicious and crunchy though!

I did order one more drink since this was a bartending gig and all.  I got a glass of Reisling, thinking that would be easy for Katie to pull off.  I was wrong.



This would be half the cork...


I did get my glass of wine after the struggle had ended.  :)

I had a great time watching Katie in action and all the more since the event was for a good cause.  She's also having a bake sale to benefit BeardsBecause on her blog today, so go over and bid on my spice cookies!  They are awesome!





Hope your weekend was as stellar as mine!






6 comments:

Cassie said...

Umm... those booties are amazing... you MUST get a pic of Clyde in them!

And I love Katie's expressions in the photos! And what a great cause!

Liz @ runbakerace said...

Looks like you had such a fun three-day weekend!!! That salad at Cowfish is making me drool, wish we had that restaurant in Nj.

Cindi said...

Your weekend looks like the perfect weekend to me. Nothing better than brunch with a good friend, imo. And I STILL haven't been to Cowfish! Tragic!

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

Sounds like you had a packed weekend. I have to really start venturing out past my end of Charlotte and try out some of these restaurants that you post about. The food just looks so good. And everybody knows that I'm a lover of food. LOL

Clyde's new shoes are super cute btw!

http://yummommy.blogspot.com

Erin @ The Grass Skirt said...

You really did cram a lot into that weekend, didn't you? I am glad that you had fun, and I literally remembered this morning that we never took pictures at Reid's. Guess we need to go back soon. :)

Kirsten said...

Wow, I'm so impressed that you still had energy left to write this post! It looks like you're really making an effort to live life to the fullest at the moment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails