Wednesday, February 1, 2012

11 Things

I was recently tagged by Amber, a fellow pilot's wife, to do one of these fun Q&A posts.  Thanks Amber!

The Rules:

Post these rules

You must post 11 random things about yourself

Answer the questions set for you in their post

Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer

Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them

No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
 
 

Ok, here's my 11 random things. 

1.  I recently started watching 19 Kids and Counting, because it's usually on in the morning when I'm getting ready, and even though I think having that many kids is ridiculous, I'm oddly fascinated by the show and can't help but watch.  How can Michelle be SO damn fertile??

2.  I pretty much style my hair the same way every day because it drastically throws off my routine if I try to do anything else.

3.  My closet is a big mess like 95% of the time.  I can't seem to keep it clean.

4.  My childhood bedroom was light blue because that's the color I wanted it.  I wasn't very girly as a kid.

5.  Pledging my sorority (Kappa Delta) was probably the most fun I've ever had.



6.  I dated a guy from New Zealand when I was in high school (he went to my high school).

7.  I was once a baton twirler.  There are videos of my shows and my husband has seen them and made fun of me :)

8.  I am a side sleeper and usually sleep holding a pillow.

9.  I took golf lessons when I was in college, but rarely play.

10.  The first massage I ever had was a few weeks before my wedding.  My husband bought it for me and it was at Popular Springs Inn and Spa.  I think it's still my favorite massage that I've had. 

11.  I once had a job for two weeks vacumming dusty library books at Ohio State.  Yuck!


Ok, Amber's questions for me:

1,  If you could have dinner with any one person (dead or alive), who would it be?  My Grandmother.

2. What/who is your favorite band/musician?  Coldplay.  I have tickets to see them again in July.  Can't wait!

3. What is your favorite thing about being a "grown up?"  The freedom to do what I want (within reason).  When I was young, it drove me nuts not to be able to get in a car and go where I wanted, when I wanted, and basically do what I wanted. 

4. What is your least favorite thing about being a "grown up?"  Feeling tied down to a job and to certain things in life.  I feel like I can't just pick up and travel the world at random and I feel like most days are essentially the same.

5. Describe your best friend(s).  I kind of have a bunch so this is hard.  My long time best friends are Melanie, my roommate from college, and Jen, my friend that I've known since I was a year old.   Melanie is kind of like me on quieter.  We have a similar sense of humor, taste in clothes, interests, etc...  Jen and I are more different, but we have really long deep discussions and she knows me as well as anyone on earth. 


Melanie, Me, Jen

I also have a bunch of really close friends in Charlotte, but we'd be here for a while if I described all of them.  If you read my blog, they pop up on it a lot!

6. Early bird or night owl?  Early bird.  I regularly pass out by 10:30, even on weekends, but I'm consistently up by 6-7am.

7. Do you have a secret talent or just a talent that is unique?  I can touch my tongue to my nose. 

8. What is your favorite holiday?  Christmas.  Although I do love St. Patrick's Day also.



9. Have any tattoos? Nope, I probably never will.

10. Why did you start blogging?  I started blogging to vent about my furloughed husband's career, or lack of.  It's become more a journal for me about whatever is going on- marathon training, cooking, trips, TTC...

11. What is your favorite meal?  It's hard to beat lobster.  I don't have it very often, but when I do it's heaven.
 
For those I'm tagging:

1.  What's your favorite kind of shampoo?
2.  What activities did you participate in in high school (sports, clubs)?
3.  What's the worst injury you've ever had?
4.  What celebrity do you most resemble?
5.  If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
6.  Which of your parents are you more like?
7.  Are you close with your siblings?
8.  What snack do get when you go to the movies?
9.  What's your current favorite song?
10.  What's something you struggle with?
11.  Can you play any instruments?

I tag:

Danielle from Long May You Run
Liz from Run Bake Race
http://emmykay.wordpress.com/
http://www.runningpeanut.com/
Erin from The Grass Skirt
Megan from Through The Lens
Katie from Legally Fit
Carly at Tri-ing My Hardest
Lindsay at Atlanta Running Mom
Stephanie at Then You Become a Mom
http://running-on-coffee.blogspot.com/

Or, consider yourself tagged if you want to do it!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails