Friday, February 24, 2012

Five Friday Favorites

Life is pretty routine for me lately.  Usually a typical day goes something like this:

-Morning routine (shower, breakfast, take Clyde out, do hair, get dressed, etc...)
-Work
-Come home
-Walk Clyde/exercise
-Make dinner
-Do house stuff (dishes, clean kitchen, laundry)
-Crash in front of TV
Being that I don't want to bore you guys to death with my somewhat mundane routine, that's left me without tons of blog content.  Even my meals have been kind of on the simple, uncreative side (hey, sometimes baked potatoes for dinner is where it's at).  I will say, that I'm happy and well, and still passionate about things.   

Here's some of my favorite things lately. 

1.  For breakfast, I've been really into blueberries, plain organic yogurt, Quaker oatmeal squares, and milk, together in a bowl.  You just layer them all together and enjoy. 





I've had this for breakfast three times in a row this week, which is unheard of for me, because I usually like to mix up my breakfast options.  The combination of the tart blueberries with the sweet oatmeal squares and the creaminess of the yogurt, which is also kind of tart, is just awesome.  Try it!


2.  My natural beauty products. 



clockwise from top right:  Nature's Gate Colloidal Oatmeal lotion, Mineral Fusion mascara, Burt's Bees night cream, and Avalon Organics essential mineral smoothing cleanser.


If you read Erin's blog, you know that this is something she's very passionate about- using and spreading knowledge about products that are natural.  Reading her posts definitely got me thinking about it, and I know use these products, plus non-toxic foundation, shampoo, and conditioner.  I also have non-toxic floor cleaner and other cleaning products.  I just think it's important to not be exposing yourself unnecessarily to toxic things if you can avoid it. 

3.  This song:  Bon Iver - Halocene


I just think it's beautiful...

4.  Walks with Clyde (or which ever dogs are around).



I'm still not running a whole lot, but I have been walking really consistently, almost every day.  I just really enjoy the time outside and watching Clyde prance around all cute with his tongue hanging out, taking in nature.

5.  Parenthood. 



This show is outstanding.  Half the time I'm cringing because the characters are doing something that's obviously going to get them into trouble, but a lot of the time I'm smiling because the show is touching.  If you're not watching it, I think you should be.

What are you into lately??

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails