Sunday, February 26, 2012

Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes

Do you guys watch the show Best Thing I Ever Ate?  I do!  I love that show.  Every time I watch it I find my mouth watering in a want-to-plan-a-vacation-around-eating-at-the-place-they-are-describing kind of way.  So many things look so good and the way the chefs describe everything, I just WANT it!

Recently, I watched an episode on breakfast or brunch food, and I can't even remember which chef or which restaurant it was, but they had blueberry ricotta pancakes somewhere and they looked AWESOME.  I knew I had to make some.



I basically used my go to pancake recipe, but changed a few things.

Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes

1 egg, separated
3/4 cup flour
1 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter (but not hot)
1/2 cup blueberries
1//2 cup ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon lemon zest

Seperate egg, and beat egg white til stiff.  Set aside.
In a seperate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
Beat egg yolks with milk and melted butter.
Stir yolk mixture with flour mixture.  Add ricotta cheese and lemon zest. 
Fold in the egg whites and add the blueberries.
Drop by 1/4 cup on to hot greased griddle.
Serve with warm REAL maple syrup (Hey, I'm from New England!)
Makes about 6-8 pancakes.




The ricotta and egg white make these pancakes really light and fluffy.  I thought they were delicious!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails