Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Love Story

I saw this little love post floating around the blog world and thought I'd participate.




1. How long have you and your significant other been together?

We met and started dating 10 years ago.


The early years...

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}

Haha, Greg and I met online in a Yahoo chatroom.  Old school!  We cahtted a bit and then emailed each other a few times before setting up a date.  The first time we met in person was in Arlington, VA at the Ballston Mall.  We walked to a Mongolian BBQ restaurant nearby and then finished the evening at a nearby bar called carpool.  There was an immediate spark :)
3. If married, how long have you been married?

We got married in May of 2006, so almost 6 years ago! 



4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? We got married in Hilton Head at my parents' plantation on the balcony at the clubhouse with the reception inside the clubhouse.  It was pretty small- 54 people.



5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!

We both call each other "Babe".

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.



He is very patient, which is the opposite of me.
He is very kind/nice to people, even people he doesn't like (usually they can't tell he doesn't like them, because he's so nice).
He's very smart.  Very math and science oriented and mechanical.  He understands how things work.  I'm not like this, so I really admire that.

7. Tell us how he proposed?

Ha!  As mentioned recently in my Greenville trip post, Greg was going to propose to me in a beautiful park.  The plan was foiled when I came home from work the day before to find my seemingly lazy husband playing Playstation with a pile of dishes in the sink.  Frustrated that he left the house such a mess an argument ensued and it was one of those arguments that dredged up other issues, one of which being that I was kind of tired of waiting for him to propose to me, since we'd been looking a rings for a while, and I was starting to feel like he was never going to actually propose.  Once that was brought up, he produced the ring and told me he was planning on proposing that weekend, but would just do then.  Thus setting the tone for "romance" in our relationship forever...hehe.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

Greg is really good with gifts on holidays.  For past Valentine's Days, he's given me a road bike, calla lillies (our wedding flower), cupcakes sent from our local cupcake place when he was away, flowers, chocolate, Bath and Body Works stuff...  He's good.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

I'm both.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?

Go to Europe together. 

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.

We actually already celebrated this weekend, since it worked better with our schedules.  We went to Pewter Rose Bistro, where I had pork tenderloin with mac and cheese and asparagus.




 
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?

I asked Greg to get my tires rotated for me!  He did it yesterday.  He also got me flowers and a gift card this year.



13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.

Have trust.  Especially if your are a pilot's wife.  Be kind to each other.  Try to do things to keep the romance alive, like go on dates, trips, and do thoughtful things for each other. 

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.



I like this one, which is kind of an outtake from our wedding, where everyone else is posed and ready for the camera and Greg and I are in our own little world talking about who knows what :)



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails