Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tagged!

Hideeeee Ho!  (bonus points if you know what that's from)

I was recently tagged by my buddy Erin, so I have a little question/answer thingie to go through for you guys. I'm not sure if this one is actually different from other ones I've done or if I got tagged again, but anyway, I'll do it.  I was also a little confused about whether I was just supposed to answer the questions she posed to us or all of the ones on her post, so you're getting the answers to all of them.  I figured, why not! 


1. What’s one talent that you wish you had? I wish I could play the piano.  I was recently thinking about taking lessons actually. Maybe I will.

2. What’s your favorite drugstore makeup product, and your favorite high end makeup product?  I like the Almay Waterproof mascara.  I have pretty sensitive eyes and wear contacts, so I have a hard time finding something that won't irritate my eyes and this seems to work the best out of what I've tried.  I'm open to non-toxic mascara, but have yet to find a waterproof one.  I really need that waterproof stuff or I find the mascara comes off too easily and I get flakes of it under my eyes and stuff.  Sorry, longest explanation ever.  For high end, I guess Bare Minerals Mineral Veil or Clinique eye liner.  That's about as high end as I get.

3. What’s your favorite thing to blog/vlog about?  Hmm, well, if you read my blog, you can probably tell that I'm kind of all over the place with what I blog about.  It used to bother me that I didn't fit into one niche, but now I actually really enjoy the freedom of having sort of a "lifestyle" blog so I can blog about running, food, social activities, travel, being a pilot's wife, and my struggles trying to have a baby.  I kind of consider this my journal. 

4. What’s your ideal Saturday?  Sleep til about 7-8am.  Snuggle with Clyde and Greg upon waking up.  Head out for a leisurely run in perfect weather.  Maybe go for a walk on the beach (in this fantasy I live near the beach) with both of them.  Lunch outside somewhere.  Something fun outside for the afternoon- maybe a wine festival or something in a park.  A really nice dinner out with friends or home on the deck with Greg.  Home in bed by 10pm, watching South Park with my boys.

5. Fondest childhood memory? Sailing with my family.  We had a little sailboat on a lake near where I grew up in NH (Spofford Lake).  We had a great time going sailing on the weekends in that little boat.

6. If you could only buy one makeup brand for the rest of your life, what would it be?  I guess Bare Minerals, but honestly, I'm not a huge make-up person.  (I think this question was more for Erin!)

7. How would your closest friends describe you?  Hmm.  I don't think it translates that well in my writing, but I'm actually kind of funny/witty in real life.  Also, reliable, loyal, strong (emotionally), and determined.

8. How would a stranger or acquaintance describe you?  Friendly.  I usually introduce myself first if I'm around someone I don't know and start asking them questions.  I like to grill people.  Usually in 10 minutes I know a lot of basic facts about someone.  It's probably the former cop in me...  :)

9. What did you study/are you studying/do you plan to study/wish you studied in college?  My major was Sociology and I had a minor in Criminology.  I don't really regret it.  I found the coursework extremely interesting and I probably wouldn't have done as well in college had I majored in anything else that didn't capture my attention span as well. 

10. What’s the one makeup or beauty product that you can’t seem to get enough of?  Again, I think this one is really for Erin, but I guess I'd actually say lip gloss.  I really like the Victoria's Secret ones.  I have like 2 in each of my purses.  I got a Burt's Bees one that is similar, but it tastes kind of gross, so I admittedly like the VS ones better even though they are probably kind of toxic.

11. What’s the very first thing you do in the morning? Take Clyde out then shower.

Ok, so these are Erin's questions... (ie, the ones I was probably just supposed to answer).

1. If you could only use one beauty product for the rest of your life, what would it be?  See #6 above.

2. What is your favorite song of the moment?  Easy- Eric Church "Springsteen".  I have had it on repeat all day.



3. What blogs are your currently reading?  Check out my side bar, those are most of them.

4. Are you addicted to Pinterest?  No, actually, I'm not.  I sometimes hop on there and Pin stuff, but honestly, I don't have time to do it that often, and I'm not really that creative in terms of home decor, fashion, etc... so I think I don't find it as addicting/appealing as people who do and can visualize creatively.

5. Do you use non-toxic beauty and personal care products?  Yup, Erin has made me see the light.  I pretty much use all non-toxic shampoo/conditioner now (several kinds), hairspray, some make-up, moisturizer, night cream, body wash, etc...  I have some regular stuff too, but more non-toxic stuff than ever before.

6. What’s the last movie that you saw in the theater?  I saw Hunger Games with Sara last night!  It was awesome!



7. If you could raid one celebrity’s closet, whose would it be?  Probably Reese Witherspoon's.  She always looks classy, yet hot, and kind of classic.  That's what I'm going for.

8. What did you have for breakfast this morning?  I had a nectarine with Quaker Oat Squares cereal and milk.  And some green tea.

9. Did you used to play with your mother’s makeup as a child?  Yeah, sometimes.  I didn't put a full face of it on, but I remember trying her Cover Girl compact and lipstick.

10. What is your favorite way to get some exercise?  Running, duh.

11. Are you a cat person or a dog person? DOG, really?  Do you even have to ask??



I'll tag...
 
Amber
Lindsay
Cassie
Victoria
Liz
 
I know they read my blog and comment often enough that they'll probably see that I tagged them.  Consider yourself tagged if you want to do it too though!  And you can leave a comment with some/all of the answers too if you want, I'd love to hear them!
 
Here's my questions:
 
1.  What's your favorite scent?
2.  What is your go-to favorite recipe (you can link it if you have it on your blog)?
3.  What's your favorite way to relax?
4.  Where's the furthest place you've traveled to?
5.  What was your first job?
6.  Have you ever been to court?  If so, for what?
7.  What's something you do every single day?
8.  Do you like black licorice?
9.  What's your favorite kind of cheese?  Assuming you like cheese...
10.  Can men and women that aren't in a relationship be friends?  (I know, I'm getting all When Harry Met Sally on ya here)
11.  What's a book you recommend that I read?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails