Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dinner With Run For Wine

Still loving Seattle.  I kind of don't want to leave, but I know I'll be super excited to see Clyde when I get back to Charlotte.  So, Wednesday night, I finished up work and quickly changed and ran down hill to the Pier to meet Kristen!


Did you guys know that Seattle is really hilly??  I didn't know til I got here!  The hills are no joke.  I consider many of the walks I've done around Seattle to be a workout similar to the stair master.  It's intense, and I feel that my calves are stronger since my stay here.

I digress.  Anyway, Kristen graciously agreed to meet me in Seattle, since she lives fairly close.  She took the ferry over from her area.  You know how once in a while you meet someone you've never met before and already feel like you know them and can't stop talking to each other?  Yeah, we had that going on from the first minute we met.  Awesome :)  We decided to grab dinner near the water and wandered down to Anthony's to get some seafood.

This was actually later in the meal when Kristen had squirted ketchup on the baby bump!



I started with a local Red Ale.

There was some kind of early bird 4 course dinner, and after assessing our options, we both decided to try that to get the most bang for our bucks.  I got a shrimp cocktail to start.


Then I got a salad with blue cheese dressing, followed by my entree, which was salmon with shrimp, rice, and green beans.  Yum!


The meal concluded with chocolate mousse.


The meal was great, but the best part was definitely my company.  Kristen and I talked for so long she almost missed her ferry.  After a super quick picture near the entrance...


...the two of us were hustling down the Pier.  Kristen is fast for a preggo woman, let me tell ya.  I could barely keep up with her!  You should have seen us trucking down the Pier!

I wish we didn't live so far from each other, it'd be fun to hang out again, like tomorrow.  She promised me a visit with the baby someday and said that she knows that I'll have a baby to befriend her daughter sometime soon.  :)  Let's hope she's right!

Thanks again for meeting me Kristen!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails