Monday, May 28, 2012

Stuff I'm Into Lately

It's time for another edition of Stuff I'm Into Lately.

1.  Recently, I heard about the awesomeness that is Birchbox.  Have you guys heard about this?  It's $10 a month and you get a box of beauty products mailed to you each month.


I got my first box the other day and it included coral nail polish, anti-aging face cream, shampoo and conditioner samples, and hair serum.




2. Beer.  I find myself wanting beer more than wine when I'm out to eat lately, and immediate turn to the beer list to see what's on tap.  Now that it's getting hot, a cool beer just sounds so good.

This Shock Top Raspberry Wheat rocks if you like fruity beer.

3.  Chips.  Especially these from Wholesome Goodness.  They are a like a lighter version of Sun Chips, and I like that they are kind of plain but salted.  That's my kind of chip.


Perfect with a tuna sandwich...



4.  Beets.  I still can't stop thinking about that awesome beet sandwich I had in Seattle.  I tried to do a recreation of it last week by baking beets and red onion, then slicing them and adding them to a sandwich with lettuce and goat cheese.  It was good, but as good as my Seattle sandwich. I think I need to use more goat cheese and use a different bread next time.  I'm determined to recreate that sandwich!!



5.  50 Shades of Grey.  I had to see what all the hype was about, and I have to admit, I'm pretty much plowing through the book.  It's a weird story, and not the greatest writing, but I'm still intrigued enough that I've been having a hard time putting it down.  I also like that it's set in Seattle and partly in Savannah.  I've heard the series gets worse in the later books, but I'll probably read them to see how the story ends.


6.  My latest song on repeat is Head or Your Heart by Mat Kearney.  It's actually been out a while, and I'm not sure how I missed it, since he's one of my favorites, but it's new to me as of last week and I put it on whenever I'm in the car.  Thank you ITunes for realizing I didn't have it already.  Love this song...



7.  Working out.  I'm still running about 2-3 times a week, although it's getting harder with the hot weather, so I'm doing my week night runs later in the evening when the sun starts to go down.  I've also been doing some weight training in the gym at work and at home with free weights.  I'm kind of just winging it.  I know a few exercises, and when I hit the gym at work, my friend Gibson plays personal trainer and orders me around, showing me what to do.  I also use videos online and my Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones DVD.  I feel like my working out is more well rounded for the first time in a while, since I tend to rely so heavily on running.


8.  Fish.  Another thing I've been eating a lot lately is fish.  It's such a summery food, and it's something I don't cook much at home, so the second I open a menu, I tend to gravitate towards the seafood dishes.

Shrimp risotto I had the other night.
9.  Sun dresses.  Lately I just love to throw on a knit sundress and run out the door to wherever I am going. I have like a million of them in my closet.  So easy and comfortable and perfect for summer parties.

This one is from Old Navy.

10.  I know he makes pretty much every list, but Clyde!  I missed him terribly when I was in Seattle and then had to leave him again for a night the following week when I was in Wilmington, NC for work again.  Gosh, I love this pup :)


What are you guys into lately?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails