Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sniffle Sniffle

Ughhhhh, I've been stricken with a bad cold. I rarely get sick, and I attribute that to the fact that I wash my hands A LOT (borderline OCD on that!), eat fairly healthy stuff, drink lots of green tea, and I think I'm just lucky and have a good immune system. I actually can't remember the last time I was sick, so I was due for a cold. I think it hasn't helped that the temperature in Charlotte has been fluctuating between 30s and 60s for the last couple weeks, and life has been busy- constantly putting my body into fight mode. I got a second to relax this weekend, and the cold seeped in. Friday night I saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D with my friends, which was actually really good. After the movie we hiked it over to a Mexican place for a nice pitcher of margaritas. When I woke up Saturday morning with a scratchy/sore throat at first I thought it was just the after effects of the tequila and salty popcorn. As the day went on, it was apparent that the sore throat was real and not going away. I succumbed to the cold. The cold pretty much dominated my weekend, forcing me to miss a party Saturday night and hang out in pajamas all day Sunday. I even took a sick day Monday since I still wasn't feeling right. I'm slowly getting back to normal, but still feel pretty phlegmmy (if that's even a word), and congested. FUN STUFF!
I'm just going to keep on popping vitamin C, multi-vitamins, and drink more green tea and try to kick this crappy cold. I need to be primed and ready for wine fest this weekend!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails