Monday, March 29, 2010

Fun weekend

Twas another good weekend in Charlotte.  Saturday morning Clyde had a vet appointment and got a bunch of shots.  He was such a good boy and held very still for the vet as she checked him out and gave him a squirt up his nose of one thing, a squirt in the mouth of another, and two shots to the butt!  My poor baby!  They weighed him and he is 5.8 lbs now!  When we got him he was only 3.5 lbs, so he's definitely growing!
I did some cleaning when we got home and then later went out for a Girls Night Out with four friends.  We decided to go to The Melting Pot and it was soooooooooooo good!  I've been to The Melting Pot in Virginia before, but hadn't been to any in Charlotte since moving here, so it had been a while since I've been.  We opted for the cheese fondue, salads, and chocolate.  We skipped the entree course, which I think was wise based on past experience when I had almost no room left for dessert, which let's face it- is why you go to The Melting Pot!  It was a great time and even without the entree course we were there almost 3 hours!  Don't plan on it being a quick evening if you go there people!  haha!
Last week I got some emails from a girl who had joined my running group that lives in my area of Charlotte and asked if I wanted to run!  I was excited to meet her and run with her, so we set it up for 10am yesterday and Josie came also.  She's really really nice, I like her a lot.  We did about 3 miles around our area and then went to Starbucks to sit and talk and drink some coffee after.
In the afternoon I met up with my friend Kim for lunch and shopping.  I didn't do too much damage, just a top and dress at Ann Taylor Loft, and some undies at Victoria's Secret.  I took Kim to Cheesecake Factory for some post birthday cheesecake, since her birthday was about a week or two ago and we hadn't been able to find time to get together until yesterday.  My favorites are the Dulce de Leche Caramel and the Pecan/Pumkin Cheesecake, but I decided on Tiramisu cheesecake so I could try something new.  Kim got the Vanilla Bean.  It was YUMMY!!!
Greg and I got into a little tiff over the phone last night.  One thing that drives me nuts when he is away is that he constantly nags me to do a ton of things.  He is always like, "Did you water the plants?  Did you check the sprinklers?  Have you fed the bunnies? Are you teaching Clyde to ring the bell when you take him out?  etc..."  I don't mind the occasional reminder of some of these things, but he's very naggy about it all and it gets old.  I'm like, "Dude I'm almost 32 years old, and not an idiot!"  Plus, it's difficult to run a household by yourself.  Even without kids.  I do the best I can, and if I'm not watering the plants every day or training Clyde the way he wants me to, oh well.  I got Clyde out to pee, he is happy and healthy.  Greg can work more on potty training him the way he wants to when he's back.  He's not here and I am stuck doing it ALL by myself, so I'll do the best I can.  I wasn't even a dog person before we got Clyde and I was thinking Greg would be doing at least half the of the doggie duty, so I think I'm doing pretty good considering it's all me.  I'm a busy person.  I make sure our animals are well taken care of and fed, and do the best I can to keep up everything else, but it may not be the way he wants it done.  Oh well.  He's not here!  Anyway, we're good.  I explained all that to him.  I know its' hard to be away and wish you were home to do things, but he needs to leave me alone about some of that stuff more!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails