Monday, April 26, 2010

Sunday closet cleaning, running, and eating

Yesterday I did something I've been putting off forever... I worked on CLEANING MY CLOSET (applause please)!  I'd say my closet might be the messiest area of our entire house.  I've known for awhile I needed to tackle this beast as it's become a black hole for missing clothing as of late.  Even when we clean our house top to bottom, it's a neglected area (close the door and ignore the mess!), because I've known for a while it was going to be a complete overhaul to get that area clean and organized.  It's kind of the perfect time to work on it right now with Greg gone again.  I knew I could take everything out of there and spread it all over the bedroom floor to sort through without him being here to be bothered by it. 

I worked on the closet for a few hours before deciding that I ought to take Clyde out for a walk.  Originally, I thought it was going to rain a bunch yesterday, but it ended up being pretty warm and sunny out.  Once back from the doggie walk I was already breaking a sweat and decided to go ahead and do a run.  Since I've vowed to step up my running, instead of doing my wimpy neighborhood route, I actually ventured out and down to the many highway and back for about a 45 minute run.  I'd guess the loop I did was about 4 miles-ish, but did not have Jen or the Garmin to verify.  I was happy with it and felt like I pushed myself.

Once back I took my time getting ready for a 3pm invite to visit with some friends.  The C's live in my town and I work with the husband.  Greg and I used to hang with them a bunch when they first moved down here from NY, but they had a baby in October and have been understandably preoccupied since then.  Anyway, we were finally able to make plans to get together (which unfortunately Greg missed!).  Their daughter is 6 months old now and very cute :).  They also told me to bring Clyde over, since they had not yet met him.  They (of course) were smitten with him as is everyone!
My contribution to the meal was homemade hummus using the following recipe:

2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans with about 1/4 cup of the liquid from the can
1/3 cup tahini
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup roasted red peppers
1/3 cup EVOO
Salt and pepper to taste.
Blend all ingredients in a blender or larger food processor and enjoy.  
I brought it with the last of an English cuke, carrots, celery, and some pita wedges.  The C's loved it and even the baby had some and liked it.  I left them with a good portion left over to enjoy :)
I assisted with making some baby food for the baby for dinner.  We made a batch of fish, veggies, and cheese sauce, which were blended in a food processor for the baby- YUM (think BASS-O-MATIC...lol). 
The C's actually made us adults a delicious dinner of cheese burgers, grilled veggies with herbs, and baked potato salad.  Also, homemade to-die-for strawberry shortcake (one of my absolute favs).  Even the whipped cream was from scratch.  I was busting at the gut by the end of the meal and even ended up taking a TUMS at home later...ughhhhh.  But it was all so good.  
It was a weekend of good eating for sure!




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails