Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Weekend Round-up

It was another great weekend in Charlotte. It's really warmed up here, to the point that I broke out more of my summer clothes this weekend. I'm not sure I'm ever going to get motivated to clean out my closet now though and put my sweaters and cords away for the summer. Especially with all that sunshine outside!
Friday night I was itching to be outside but didn't want to leave Clyde too long. I ended up going over to my friend Kerrie's house and bringing Clyde with me so he could be involved. We left him at her place for a bit while doing about a 3 mile run, then got some food and ate outside on her patio. Clyde played outside and had his dinner al fresco as well.
Saturday Clyde and I got up bright and early for the DogsWalk for Cancer.
(picture from website)
We got there and met Kelly and Rascal and registered. There were SOOOOOOOOOO many dogs everywhere! I wasn't sure how Clyde would be since he's only like 6 lbs. I knew I'd have to keep a close eye on him with all the big dogs everywhere. Kel and I got our free goodies and got our free Salsaritas breakfast burritos. The best thing we got was a big free bag of dog food. The flavor is trout and sweet potato...hehe. Clyde seems to like it ok. I've been mixing it in with his other food. We also met up with a co-worker and his wife, who also have a dog named Rascal, but their dog is like a King Charles Spaniel or something like that. The walk started on time and Clyde off like a prom dress! He was soooooooooo funny! The walk was 1.1 mile, and I wasn't sure how he'd do, but boy was he a runnin! People were cracking up at the sight of my teeny tiny dog running his little heart out! It was toooo cute! Wouldn't you know that I forgot my damn camera! You guys will just have to visualize the scene, sorry! At the end of the walk we mingled a little more and Rascal and Clyde met a bunch of other Dachshunds. It was cute! My little dogster was tuckered out by the time we got home. I think he had fun and was impressed at how social he was and how well he did on the walk.
Once home I went for a run and then fired up the lawn mower for the first time this year, to give the lawn some much needed TLC. Greg's a pretty big lawn nazi and he would have a fit if he were home and able to see how crappy and yellow the lawn is right now. I've been trying to run the sprinkler and get it healthy, but I think he's gonna have to work his magic on it when he gets back.
Saturday night I met my friend Nicole for dinner in uptown at Dandelion.  Their menu is kinda like tapas, so we did an appetizer of prosciutto crostini, salads, and then steak skewers.  I feel kinda bad because I think I kinda high-jacked the evening.  Nicole had originally suggested going to Howl at the Moon.  We finished with dinner kind of early and wandered into this other bar to have a beer and kill some time before going to Howl at the Moon.  Well, while we were there I got the idea to text Greg's friend Dan and see if he wanted to come join us.  He came and brought his friend Jeff and this other girl he's kind of seeing.  I figured it would be fun to have a few more people, but they were feeling the low-key kind of vibe and we ended up going next door to Connelly's and just staying there for the rest of the night.  Nicole said it was fine, but she had previously told me that she's one of those people who likes to be in the busiest bars, with lots of people, and lots going on.  That was not how I'd describe our evening.  I don't think we are on the same page about what kind of scene we're into.  I'm definitely more of a 'hang out at a quieter place and talk' kind of person, and I don't think she is.
Sunday was a pretty lazy day.  I did a little grocery shopping, sat and read on the deck, and played with monkey dog.  Good times.


Related Posts with Thumbnails