Monday, April 19, 2010

Sunday

Yesterday I decided it was time to get out of the house after spending much time lounging to be near Greg as he studied on Saturday. I made plans to meet my friend Jen for a run. Now, this is the third time we've met to run and the first was not all that fast or long, the second was foiled by Clyde and the doggie stroller, so this time I was determined to show her I could actually be a decent person to run with and not just a social diversion. We tried a new route and Jen brought her Garmin runner watch thingie and we ended up doing a 5 mile run! That's the most I've run in a while. Our pace was pretty crappy, like over a 10-minute mile, but hey, I was psyched that I ran that far!
During our run we chatted about bloggers a bunch. We both read Kath and Emily, two bloggers that live in Charlotte and run and eat lots of healthy food.  We talked about how we both needed to go grocery shopping and Jen was planning on going to EarthFare , which is a health food grocery store in Charlotte.  I also like Earthfare, but think it's kind of expensive, so I usually only go there every once in a while if I need specific health food items that are hard to find in normal grocery stores.  I mentioned that I like Trader Joe's, because it has a lot of health food as well and the prices are usually a lot cheaper.  Jen then said she'd NEVER been to Trader Joe's!?  Well then, it was settled, we were going there after our run!  Off we went to TJ's and perused the isles for good stuff.  I needed a lot of produce type items, so I ended up with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, bananas, carrots, cucumber, avocado, etc...  I also got a bunch of other random stuff like wraps, Peanut Butter Puffins (YUM), milk, fresh mozzarella, whole wheat pizza dough etc...  TJ's is kinda out of the way from my house, but I like taking a trip over there every once in a while.
Once back in the car, we again turned the discussion towards Kath and Emily's blogs and were talking about their mention of a new SELF SERVE TCBY in a post.  We were both like, where is that place- we HAVE to know??!!  Next thing we know we're calling Greg to google it and go there!  Turns out it was pretty close to TJ's so we cruised on over and went!  This became lunch as it was about 12:30pm at this point...lol.  That place is coooooooooool.  I sampled the POM tart, which was not the sweet that I was craving, but maybe if I was in another kind of mood I'd get it.  Both of us ended up getting the white chocolate mousse (long time fav at TCBY) and peanut butter flavor, and various toppings.  I had a drizzle of peanut butter sauce, hot fudge, marshmellow, nuts, and Reese's pieces on mine.  It hit the spot!
Once back at the house I lounged for a while and Greg and I decided we were both hungry around 3-4pm-ish.  I decided to make the pizza with the dough I'd bought at TJ's, and made a margherita type pizza with sauce, mozzarella, mushroom, tomato, and basil.  It was good, but I think the directions on the dough were not great in advising the oven be set to 350 degrees.  In hindsight it would have been better with a hotter oven as the crust never got that crispy.  We also had yummy salad with all my produce in it.  We ate out on the deck though and the weather was gorgeous.  Not too hot, not too cold, just right.
Later we took Clyde for a walk, and watched SNL on Tivo.
Greg's still unsure of when he is headed to training Part II.  Probably Tuesday/tomorrow.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails