Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend with Greg

I started the weekend with high hopes.  A bunch of people invited me to various events and parties and for once when I brought them up to Greg he didn't immediately cringe and shoot the ideas down.  He seemed pretty confident that he would be home for a while and since he got home Wednesday and had already enjoyed a couple days at home, he was up for whatever I felt like doing this weekend. 
First on the agenda was a party at a co-workers house as he is headed off to the middle east for four months!  As we were about to walk out the door, Greg checked his phone and realized he had a message.  He immediately started cursing and I knew what I was in for.  The airline had called and scheduled him to start simulator training.  There's some confusion over whether he leaves on Monday or Tuesday (the message said Monday, but an email says Tuesday), but the bottom line is that he won't be home for the week + we had been hoping for.  Greg agreed to still go to the party, but suddenly the rest of the weekend was promptly cancelled as he needed to stay in and study study study. 
I actually didn't end up minding too much that we had a lazy Saturday.  We took Clyde to the vet for the last of his shots and then headed home and lounged.  I worked on something for work I'd been putting off, and Greg studied.  We ate lunch, a snack, and dinner on the deck.  We took Clyde for a walk around the neighborhood.  It was a good Saturday after all.

  I really am just happy to have him here and want to enjoy what time I have with him since he's leaving again for a couple weeks tomorrow or Tuesday.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails