Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stylish Blogger

Stephanie over at The Cookie Battle tagged me for this award the other day!  Thanks Stephanie!



What to do:
1. Make a post and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Give 7 random facts about yourself
3. Pick 15 recently discovered bloggers to share the love with
4. Email them to let them know they've won.


Ok, seven random facts.  This is actually going to be kind of tough, because I feel like I've actually mentioned some of my MOST random facts before in other posts and want to try not to repeat myself.

Ok, I'll try to come up with some new ones.

1.  I went to boarding school for high school.  I actually didn't live there, I was a day student (I lived close by).  It was a REALLY great experience and not at all the "punishment" they make it out to be in movies.

(That's me second from the right.  Holy bangs Batman!)

2.  I went on my "honeymoon" to Hawaii with another couple: my best friend and her husband.  I have no regrets, we all had a blast.



3.  I do not have internet on my phone.  Really, I just didn't want to pay for the data plan because they are so expensive, but I think I am paying too much for my plan anyway and may end up upgrading when my contract runs out.

4.  I'm a lot like my mom.  We have a lot of the same mannerisms and think alike a lot of the time.  Sometimes after a weekend we'll talk and realized we watched the same movies on TV or made the same things to eat.  My husband definitely commented on our likeness the first time he met my mom.




5.  My parents almost named me Allison and I kind of wished they had.  I really like the name Allison.

6.  I have a kind of a weird laugh and I laugh A LOT.  I'm one of those nervous, fill-space-with-laugh kind of people.  Hehe....

7.  I have only had stitches once.  I fell off my bike and hit my head on a piece of wood and got stitches on my eyebrow.  There's a little scar, but it's hard to see since my eyebrow hairs kind of cover it.


Ok, now 15 recently discovered blogs that I enjoy (do check them out):

The Cotter Crunch
Vegan Faith
Shut Up and Run
Eats, Love and Happiness
Just Trying is For Little Girls
Food Fitness Fashion
Ali On The Run
Running on Coffee
Running With Sass
The Jogging Concierge
Yes I Want Cake
A Foodie Stays Fit
Designer Wife
Melissa Nibbles
The Life and Lessons of Rachel Wilkerson

Ok, I am heavily entrenched in packing for the Charleston Marathon, so I HAVE to go deal with that right now!  Catch ya later!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I like the name Alison too...was that a special shout out to me? I can't wait to hear all about your race!
Alison (but would have been David if I was a boy)

Carly said...

My mom and I are a lot alike too. As much as I wish we weren't sometimes :-P

Heather (Where's the Beach) said...

Congrats on the award! Girl I had some bangs to rival those back in 8th grade ;-) Ahhhh the good old days.

Null said...

Good luck Brit! You've trained hard and you've got this! Don't worry about the couple of missed runs at the end. (When you start doubting you preparedness, remember I've never done a training run over 13.1 miles for any marathon, and I've lived to tell the tale more than once.)
Training is cumulative and you've got a lot of miles to back you up.

Ah, bangs. Add me to the hall of shame. I started with the "pouf" in the late 80's/early 90's, which then morphed into a thick fringe. Finally got rid of them my senior year of high school. What was I thinking?

Off to check out some new bloggies now. Can't wait for your report :)

Alaina said...

Thank you for the shoutout Brittney!!! Glad you like my blog; I love yours!! Good luck at the marathon!!

Brad said...

Brittney, at your request, I have decided to call you Allison from now on. Great facts!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the marathon! I can't wait to hear how it goes, I could you some pumping up for my marathon at the end of the month!

Amanda said...

Thank you for mentioning Eats, Love and Happiness! My two best friends are named Brittany and Allison, so either one is awesome. :) Go Wildcats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails