Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Back in the saddle

The cold won yesterday and I ended up staying home to recoup. Monday night I felt generally crappy and unable to breathe properly. Around 4am on Tuesday I woke up and decided to go ahead and call in sick while I was awake. I figured that if I called then, I'd get to back to sleep and not have to wake up at any certain time. I think I made the right call. I didn't feel completely awful yesterday but still pretty bad (hot and cold/stuffy/scratchy throat), and I think I would have definitely been miserable at work. The downtime seems to have helped, because I'm much much better today.
Yesterday was mainly spent watching lots and lots of TV. Caught up on Project Runway, The Practice (I watch the old ones on FX), and random other junk. Greg was home too. His last day off before starting his new job as a hotel van driver today. At one point I noticed that although home together, we really hadn't spent much time actually interacting and suggested we play a board game. A match of Boggle ensued, where I royally kicked his ass. He won about 2 out of 10 games. I am the Boggle-master.
Greg started at 5:45am this morning, meaning he had to leave home at around 5:15am to actually get there on time. Ungodly early!
I am definitely off the wagon with my workout routine. I haven't come close to actually running 4 miles in about 2 weeks now and don't know what I'm going to do about Thursday night running group tomorrow. Can't decide if I'll go and attempt to run 4 miles, go and run less, or not go at all. Getting sick didn't help anything, but I mainly attribute it to laziness due to the fall weather making me want to hibernate. I think I'll try and at least do a walk tonight. Unfortunately my cold didn't affect my appetite at all, so I better get my butt out and run if I want to keep eating all this fall comfort food.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails